September 25, 2012 § 6 Comments
That is it. I now think the summer is finally over. Thus I thought the time could not be more perfect to say goodbye to my favourite trend of the last season – pastels – with one last summer outfit, one going totally over the top with all the soft ice cream colours that I have been wearing past couple of months. And here it is, on one of the last warm days I put together super pastel explosion and took a photo for you to have a look. I am wearing baby pink cropped oversized tank from American Apparel, skinny mint Leigh trousers from Topshop and Converse trainers I designed myself using their online tool and blogged about the experience earlier this year here. Accessories-wise I am wearing pink and green Allumette necklace by Allumer (1), Dior ring (2), ASOS perspex bag I also mentioned a few months ago here (3), Beta silk scarf that is printed with symmetrical geometrical print in beautiful pastel colours (4, check out their entire collection here), Timex pastel watch as mentioned here (5) and ASOS gummy bracelets once again in combination of pastel colours (6).
The best thing, even though I am saying goodbye to this palette for the vivid colours of Autumn/Winter 2012, I am happy to store those garments for the next spring when thanks to a number of shows recently seen in New York and London, the palette is going to come back. So see you soon pastels!
September 11, 2012 § Leave a comment
Three of the brightest young stars of Hollywood (Emma Watson, Kristen Stewart and Jennifer Lawrence) known for three of the biggest movie franchises (Harry Potter, Twilight Saga, Hunger Games) are currently promoting three new films in Toronto (The Perks of Being a Wallflower, On the Road and Silver Linings Playbook) each wearing one of three best outfits of the week (Erdem, Zuhair Murad and Dior Couture). In fact all three looked so good (special congratulations to Kristen Stewart for looking stunning on her first post-cheating-scandal appearance, the minimum she needed to achieve if she is to get R-Patz back) I had to share these looks with you so we all could be inspired for A/W12 season and learn a thing or two about what is hot right now.
- Floral patterns. Yes, florals for Autumn Winter season. Getting used to it should not be hard knowing how much we all desire to extend this summer feeling.
- Colour. Avoid black on black despite being the most functional colour combination for rainy season. At least give colourful accessories a go.
- Pointy heels. They are back. And yes, you can stick to black colour here. Best thing about pointy heels – they make your legs look extra long. Worst – if you have slightly wider feet than normal, like me, good luck trying to wear them for more than an hour at a time.
- Vivid lips. Whether it’s Cherry or Fuchsia, make your lips stand out. My recommendation for luscious colour – Mac or Bobby Brown.
- Shiny Brunette locks. Ok, this hot trend is totally made up. If you are blond, you are just as fashionable this season as last but since these three gorgeous ladies are sporting my hair colour I thought I might as well…
So this season add some colour to your Fashion Wish List whether it comes in a form of a floral frock or dramatic lips, wear classic shoes that you might have to take off in under 60 minutes and keep your eye on these three ladies, who are likely to continue inspiring our fashion choices for months to come.
May 7, 2012 § Leave a comment
Maybe its just a logical continuation of a massive pastel trend or maybe it is an interesting micro trend on its own. Whatever the case, fashion developed quite a liking for ice cream recently! Mulberry S/S12 campaign set (seen above) was covered in ice cream while Louis Vuitton campaign featured models indulging in frozen sundaes. But ice cream being used as a prop is not the end of the obsession – ice cream prints, embellishments and even ice cream shaped jewellery can all be found both on high street and in designer boutiques. And the main two players in the game are Mulberry and Topshop, each providing us with a choice of ice cream themed items at various price points so you can get your hands on the yummy goodies whatever your budget. Below are my delicious picks from both brands.
- Topshop Crop Sweat, £24 – love the cropped length – exposed midriffs is a trend on its own!
- Mulberry Grey Marl Vest, £100 – so multifunctional, I’d wear it with jeans on the weekend and add to a work skirt and jacket combo for more casual look (for those who don’t have super smart work places of course).
- Topshop Printed Slit Back Shirt, £32 – possibly the cutest printed shirt of the season.
- Mulberry White Vest, £100 – white version of my beloved multifunctional vest.
- Mulberry Sunglasses and Ice Cream Necklace, £170 – barely visible but nevertheless there!
- Topshop Ice Cream Collar, £20 – silly statement necklace, perfect for adding eccentric feel to your look.
- Mulberry Pale Gold Metal Pin, £70 – it’s been a while since pins were at all fashionable but this one hits the nail on the head!
- Topshop Drop Earrings, £6.50 – perfect summer day accessory!
April 26, 2012 § 1 Comment
I am absolutely in love with this Diane Von Furstenberg Sporty New Drew bag! At the first look it seems luxurious with its exotic skin embossed leather but with the addition of neon pink strap it acquires currently trending sport luxe feel. This is by far the best handbag interpretation of the trend I have seen so far! Hats off for DVF for getting it so right and making it so desirable. Indeed the fashion house has been going through serious rebranding for a number of years – once famous in 70′s for feminine printed wrap dresses it has once again risen to the fashion heights it deserves becoming a lifestyle brand that offers a wide range of goods from ready-to-wear collections to home accessories! And this bag with its youthful and on-trend approach is another great example of the success story of rebirth of DVF! Purchase your own from dvf.com or matchesfashion.com for £654.
April 4, 2012 § Leave a comment
The spring has sprung. Hence it is time to find spring buys that can help once and for all leave the wintery outfits behind and recharge our wardrobes. This time I turn to Mango for help updating the skirt selection. I have spoken volumes about midi pleated skirts a few weeks ago (read more here) but it does not mean we have to wave goodbye to pleats of different lengths. Maxis are still full on trend this season so I found four perfect spring must-haves by Mango.
1 and 3 (£44.99) are perfect to add the pastel trend to your wardrobe – wear them by day with your favourite cotton tee or combine with complementing pastel colour silk tops and statement necklaces for totally fashionable evening wear.
2 (£39.99) is a total find – this is the rock chic solution to spring romanticism: black with leathery finish yet strangely feminine, you wont regret this buy.
4 (£49.99) has a denim feel to it yet is light and perfect even for the hottest day of the year – match with your favourite Converse or Superga trainers for a sporty feel.
October 20, 2011 § 1 Comment
Ankle boots are the most multifunctional shoe style for autumn as they take you from day to night. While scanning the usual suspects of high street retailing I picked out my 3 favourite styles that won’t blow your bank. Here they are:
1. Topshop Absinthe Metal High Heel Boots in black for £80. Love the chunky heel – great for toughening up girly outfits for a high fashioned look. Plus super comfortable for round the clock wear.
2. KG Ellison Multicoloured Ankle Boots are currently on sale for just £89 (were £150). Colourful and a lot of fun – just what you eed to brighten up grey autumn days.
3. River Island Dark Green Platform Ankle Boots for £100 – a perfect colour for this autumn. It is all in the detail – woven strap with metal buckle and large stitches make it stand out.