March 9, 2012 § Leave a comment
I love Alexander McQueen collections. I love Sarah Burton’s creativity. I also love the idea of diffusion lines: there are so many successes (Miu Miu, D&G, See by Chloe to name a few). I also love colourful accents and I love love love studs. Those five reasons should be more than enough to explain why I am drooling over McQ Spring Summer 12 bag collection. I must admit some of the shapes will require getting used to (saddle bag is an exception) e.g. you will need to work out exactly how to fit all the essentials into that clutch, but it is worth it: you are getting a top notch design, quality and trendiness for much lower price. Who would not want a few of these McQ fashion rock chick accessories? Available in surprisingly large range of colours, here are my favourites:
- Studded Clutch £140
- Clerkenwell Studded Shoulder Bag, £425
- Amwell Studded Leather Saddle Bag, £370
January 4, 2012 § 11 Comments
It is easy to end up in a sale frenzy – buying anything that seems to be at a great price and promising yourself to wear it. And it is always a guilt trip looking through your wardrobe a few weeks later realising those purchases will never see the day light. Thus I just had to pick out a few items that you will never regret buying on sale – those that are so classic they can be added to your wardrobe, worn repeatedly and not discarded after a fashion fab is over. This list is in no way complete, but hopefully it will get you to analyse your sale buys to avoid disappointment!
1. Mulberry Piccadilly Mole Grey Sparkle Tweed, was £1300 now £780 at mulberry.com – because it is one of the most classic bags ever, a bigger version of Bayswater that is perfect for a busy girl or a weekend away.
2. Jimmy Choo Glint Patent Shoe Boots, was £560 now £280 (also available in nude) at jimmychoo.com – everyone dreams of their own pair of Choo’s, this one will be worn so much it will be worth every penny.
3. Tory Birch Canvas Ipad Case, was £120 now £48 at net-a-porter.com – if Ipads are here to stay (which they are) why not turn your one into an accessory at a great price?
4. Alexander McQueen Wool Felt Pleated Skirt, was £455 now £182 at net-a-porter.com – this kind of mini skirt will not come out of fashion. Plus it’s McQueen. No need to say more.
5. Monica Vinader Gold Plated Friendship Bracelet, was £130 now £65 at matchesfashion.com – it’s Monica Vinader, the queen of friendship bracelets – you just can’t say no!
6. Missoni Camberra Crochet-Knit Triangle Bikini, was £245 now £147 at net-a-porter.com – this knitted pattern is a visual synonym for Missoni and it is not going anywhere, you won’t need a cooler bikini for years to come!
Day Birger et Mikkelsen Grey Basic Long Sleeve Tee, was £59 now £35
Splendid White Suprima Two Button Cotton Tank, was £60 now £24
Vanessa Bruno Anthe Jersey Angora T-shirt, was £94 now £47
American Vintage Petrol Blue Long Sleeve T-shirt, was £51 now £25