January 18, 2012 § 4 Comments
It is very rare that one overpowering trend emerges for the season, but this time despite fragmented trends like flower and parsley prints, sport de luxe and metallics, pastels are quickly gaining popularity. Also, surprisingly this trend matches the season well – it is not about being edgy or standing out but feeling spring and blending in with the natural colouring of the season.
It is hard to think of one designer collection that hasn’t featured pastel pieces this season – the catwalk was filled with them: from Louis Vuitton to Miu Miu, from Moschino to Oscar de la Renta, from Lanvin to DKNY. Two of my favourite campaigns this season play around with the trend too – Mulberry ice cream and candy on Brighton Pier and good-enough-to-eat pastels of Louis Vuitton (pictured above).
And since the new season just kicked in, it is absolutely the right time to discuss the most wanted pieces that have to be added to My Fashion Wish List for this particular trend. Above is my designer selection – think ice cream, candy floss and bubble gum!
- Mulberry Pebbed Beige Glossy Goat Bayswater £795
- Alice Cicolini Earrings and Ring each £1400
- Anya Hindmarch Valorie Glitter-finish Leather Clutch £350
- Mulberry Candy Pink Jersey Melange Printed Badge T-shirt £90
- Miu Miu Bow Embellished Bikini £145
- Dion Lee Plisse Stretch Jersey and Silk Crepe Dress £787
- Louis Vuitton Tuileries Sandals in Silk £600
- Miu Miu Top Handle Bag in Pink £825
- MiH Paris Mid-rise Cropped Jeans £155
But it is not all about designer creations – high street is rapidly absorbing the trend and coming up with great items. Here is the selection of my favourite pastels from high street so you can join in on the trend for below £140.
- Zatchel Colour Block Leather Satchel £122
- Topshop High Wasted Chinos £38
- Kandee Space Sherbet Boots £105
- Topshop Pastel Geo Tunic £20
- ASOS Pack of 50 Pastel Gummies £8
- Topshop Textured Knitted Grunge Jumper £36
- KG by Kurt Geiger Esme Shoes £140
- River Island Aqua Dress Belted Skater Dress £35
- American Apparel Large Carry-all Leather Pouch in Soft Pink, Lavender and Lemon each £48
Here you go – now you are ready to be the most fashionable self and welcome spring in style. It is just around the corner, I promise!
August 26, 2011 § 1 Comment
I am very much in love with Autumn/Winter 11 Celine collection – especially the blue/green plaids. Of course this being my fashion wishlist I can just add those items and talk in volumes about Celine and the coolest plaid trousers ever. But I would rather show an item that is definitely making it from the wishlist to my wardrobe – American Apparel Celine inspired Chiffon oversized blouse.
It is awesome. Not only does it do justice to the plaid trend it is also a massive fab of this season – it is a perfect BLIRT (i.e. blouse and shirt, I would rather abstain from using fashion language but I just love the word!) And apart from being on trend it is also very multipurpose – wear with a skirt, leggings, jeans, jeggings (you saw it coming), as a dress, a night gown, roll the sleeves up, tie the bottom up etc. Who would not spare £52 for such an investment? (Plus it is currently on promotion and you get £4 of when you spend £50 by entering BTS1 code on the check out).
P.S. Happy Bank Holiday Weekend!