June 12, 2012 § Leave a comment
Nowadays with rise of websites offering discounted holidays we are all on the look out for bargain price for luxury get away. And inspired by this trend and the fact that there are only 10 sleeps left until I leave London for 9 days of sun, sea and partying, I decided to compile 3 perfect holiday outfits that are all about bargain and luxury. And there is no better place to look for such combination than my favourite discounted designer website TheOutnet.com.
Below I put together a comfortable outfit for travel purposes which originally cost £1653 but is now yours for £734.15 giving you a 56% discount; hot beach or pool ensemble which was £1349 and is now available to purchase for £633.20 giving you a 53% discount; and a summery party outfit that will get you ready for tropical cocktails and holiday romance originally at £1305 but currently with The Outnet discount of 56% at £568.
I hope this post will leave you feeling ready for holiday and inspired to create your own fashionable outfits. Check out TheOutnet.com for thousands more discounted designer pieces.
- Twenty8Twelve by S.Miller T-Shirt, was £85 now £29.75
- Marni Leather Tote, was £480 now £240
- Linda Farrow Luxe Acetate Aviator Sunglasses, was £449 now £179.60
- Levi’s Made & Crafted Low-Rise Jeans, was £135 now £74.25
- Day Birger et Mikkelsen Cardigan, was £179 now £80.55
- NewbarK Flor Leather Shoes, was £325 now £130
- Melissa Odabash Aurora Maxi Dress, was £380 now £171
- Victoria Beckham Cat Eye Sunglasses, was £275 now £123.75
- Jets by Jessika Allen Coutryside Bikini Top, was £105 now £57.75
- Jets by Jessika Allen Coutryside Bikini Briefs, was £79 now £43.45
- Bernardo Moon Leather Flat Sandals, was £155 now £77.50
- Kenneth Jay Lane Tasseled Bead Necklace, was £150 now £67.50
- M Missoni Printed Canvas Tote, was £205 now £92.25
- Venessa Arizaga Flash Charm Bracelet, was £270 now £135
- Pour la Victoire Neala Suede Sandals, was £215 now £107.50
- Diane von Furstenberg Lauristel Ruffle Dress, was £450 now £157.50
- Nicole Fendel Belle Brass Drop Earrings, was £170 now £68
- Beirn Watersnake Crossbody Bag, was £200 now £100
March 1, 2012 § 17 Comments
For as long as I remember there only ever been 2 lengths of skirts in my wardrobe – either maxi or mini (to tell you the truth the majority are mini and I am sure I am not the only one). Calf length aka midi skirt would only be associated with black and white photos my grandmother used to show me of her youth. But now it is time to forget that association and welcome the new fashion piece into our lives (and wardrobes) – Chiffon Pleated Midi Skirt.
Slight fascination with this particular item started on a few catwalks for autumn winter 2011 season, but by spring summer 2012 pleated midi has repositioned itself from charity shops to everyone’s fashion wish list and it seems it is here to stay! The item is so versatile, as you can see from the catwalk looks above, it is likely to become a wardrobe staple: you can wear it on leisurely walk, to a work meeting, during cocktail hour and pretty much everywhere else by teaming it with different tops and accessories. And did I mention it looks as good with flats as with heels?
My favourite way to wear one this season is to pick one-colour version in either bright or pastel shade, team it up with oversized T-shirt and add randomly put together long chain necklaces. And if you are not afraid to experiment team up socks with wedges à la Mulberry campaign and you are ready to rock it!
The best thing – there is such a wide range to choose from whether you are looking for designer item or cheaper way to adopt this trend. My favourites are those by Jil Sander which come in so many colours you would not want to look anywhere else. Bellow are my designer and budget picks for joining on the hot trend of Spring Summer 12!
- Maison Martin Margiela, £330
- HMH Couture, £150
- Pleats Please Issey Miyake, £339
- See By Chloe, £334
- Jil Sander, £580
- Jil Sander, £580
- Jil Sander, £282
- Jil Sander, £580
- Jovonista Pleated Skirt With Tonal Flower Print, £25
- Topshop Pleat Calf Skirt in Yellow, £48
- Max C Pleated Midi Skirt also available in red, £15
- Asos Petit Exclusive Midi Skirt also available in yellow and baby blue, £28
- New Look Chiffon Pleated Midi Skirt also available in cream and black, £19.99
- Sister Jane Pleats Skirt, available in Topshop, £49
- Asos Midi Skirt With Pleats also available in black, £21
- Zara Accordion pleated Skirt, £39.99
February 12, 2012 § Leave a comment
Here we are again – 14th of February is fast approaching and if you haven’t yet figured out what to wear for that special date night below are a few ideas to suit very different budgets (just add sexy lingerie and you are sorted). Enjoy, love birds!
Matthew Williamson Feather and Crystal Embellished Lace Dress, £3895
Chanel Vintage Logo Bracelet, £790 (from farfetch.com)
Jimmy Choo Tema Satin and Suede Sandals, £795
Alexander McQueen Britannia Skull Crystal Studded Suede Box, £1495
Herve Leger Embellished Bandage Crop Top, was £870 now £305
Poleci Lace Trimmed Skirt, was £275 now £110
Elizabeth and James Metallic Pumps, was £310 now £155
Tom Binns Silver Ring, was £290 now £116
Herve Leger Leather Minaudiere Clutch, was £495 now £198
October 21, 2011 § 1 Comment
…Check out handbags on Urban Outfitters website! It is easy to see some shape similarities with Mulberry range but the prices are definitely not the same! What I like the most – while Mulberry shapes have been an inspiration for some, you can see that the designs are done really well and they are not just copies – new exciting colours and fabrics make the bags stand out as well designed items in their own right.
1. Kimchi & Blue Two-Tone Lady Bag, £48 (in the style of Mulberry Push Lock)
2. Suede Double Buckle Satchel, £68 (shape resemblance with Mulberry Tillie)
3. Ostrich Lady Bag, £28 (similar to Mole Grey Ostrich Bayswater)
So whatever the budget – get yourself an iconic shaped handbag for this season!
October 19, 2011 § Leave a comment
I am absolutely obsessed with Rebecca Minkoff Abbey Biker Jacket (top picture). It has a great combination of textures: leather, wool and fur. And it is definitely on trend with contrasting leather sleeves!
My favourite part is how easy it is to create an outfit around it – just throw on black skinny jeans and ‘tough’ dark leather boots for an outfit with attitude. Or wear with a single colour maxi dress for an edgy feel! However you do it, it is obvious the jacket will get a few wears to justify its price tag of $998 (£635 from http://www.rebeccaminkoff.com).
But if you are looking for a bargain with similar textured features and biker feel, opt for Black Faux Fur Jacket from Diamond By Julien Macdonald for Debenhams – just £65!
August 24, 2011 § Leave a comment
Just recently I broke my rule about always having expensive shoes – now it is time to break the same rule regarding bags. (What is the point of rules if not to break them?)
Chances are you have already heard about boohoo.com. There are billboards and magazine spreads of Belted Skater Dress by Boohoo everywhere you look. Yet what caught my eye on the website was a selection of very cool animal skin bags in amazing autumn colours for unbelievable £15. I want them all!
Here I selected my favourite small cross body bags: Anise Dimple Chain Strap Box Bag in Orange, Emma Cross Body Bag in Gold (day-to-night which is always a plus) and Misha Box Bag in Teal (40’s inspired so satisfies another fashion trend). Good luck picking your favourite!
August 23, 2011 § Leave a comment
Usually I prefer my shoes and my bags to be the most expensive part of the outfit. But sometimes there are those exceptional pieces that make you forget the rules. This is it. Miso Golden Zip boot by Republic which is just £34.99 but it definitely looks more pricey!
First of all it is the colour that makes it stand out – great closet update that will push you into Autumn Winter 11. And then it is the heel – on the point with all the shoes that walked the catwalk! Perfect.
I can not think of a better way to fashionably spend £35. And then again some of the other shoes on http://www.republic.co.uk look so yummy…