November 7, 2012 § Leave a comment
As I descended the escalator leading to the underground kingdom of Topshop at Oxford Circus, I knew that just as usual, I would not leave its hustle and bustle without a few purchases (at least). While wandering around hundreds of meters of clothing, jewellery and shoe racks I caught myself concentrating on very specific groups of items. It’s just one of those days when you approach shopping with a clear vision of an outfit in your head. I wanted a shirt, preferably checkered and definitely oversized. I needed to replenish my colour variation of my favourite Leigh Jeans (I have about 10 different variations of those super-skinny soft denim trousers that feature in my daily outfits pretty much 99% of the time). Then I felt like new boots (still looking for something to replace Uggs, that I will no longer be seen in outside of my flat) and some additional bracelets for my growing stacking collection (I recently sorted out my accessories wardrobe and found extra place for new purchases, how exciting). And yet as often is the case in Topshop, there are tens of combinations for that one specific thing you came in to buy. So while making my decisions, I decided to blog about all the items I tried on – all of which are so on My Fashion Wish List (but only some ended up in my wardrobe). In other words, here is my personal edit of Topshop collection. Enjoy.
- Mix And Match Check Shirt, £30
- Mid Stone Check Shirt, £36
- Casual Stud Collar Shirt, £38
- Chambray Pocket Check Shirt, £36
- Stud Collar Check Shirt, £34
- Blue Coated Leigh Jeans, £42
- Bone Supersoft Skinny Leigh Jeans, £38
- Supersoft Skinny Leigh Jeans, £38
- Tux Stud Leigh Jeans, £42
- Black Coated Leigh Jeans, £42
- Wild Thing Multi Pack, £14
- Skull Cross Bracelet Pack, £12.50
- Cross Plait Bracelet, £12.50
- Sparkle Bracelet Pack, £12.50
- Rhinestone and Spike Bracelet, £12.50
- Mixxy Glitter Chelsea Boots, £38
- Actor Buckle Cut Out Boots, £95
- Amalie Leopard Studded Boots, £95
- Darcy Stud Wrap Strap Wellies, £30
- Alcatraz Electric Heel Boots, £78
October 31, 2011 § Leave a comment
The Outnet is in my opinion the king of all fashion outlets. And the reason is its creators – same team that brought the world http://www.net-a-porter.com. Apart from daily updates to the range, website hosts a series of fun online event like Pop Up sales, Going Going Gone auction sales and Give Aways.
My top 3 items have to be from the shoe range. There are so many great designers available but those particular items stole the show (especially after seeing how big the discount is). Here they are:
1. Alaia Leather Trimmed Python Platform Sandals at an astonishing 70% discount – £374. A definite statement pair of shoes. Hurry before they sell out, which will be fast fast fast!
2. Michael Kors Fringed Suede Boots at £193 instead of £553. A perfect way to add bohemian twist to your look.
3. Herve Leger Olechka Leather Ankle boots. The extent of their fabulousness is indescribable. (Hence the usage of a nonexistent word ‘fabulousness’). £260 which a is 60% sale. Want.them.now.
Go to http://www.outnet.com and indulge your inner shopaholic.
October 29, 2011 § Leave a comment
Thigh high boots have recently reemerged as a new hot fashion item. And it is not just one brand – they are everywhere. Burberry has the pointy high heeled black leather boots, Dior made its biker boot into a thigh high (my favourite designer version, I must admit), Givenchy has a pointed Mary-Jane stretched jersey boots and Christian Louboutin has brown military-looking Chasse boots.
And while the designer versions mentioned above are absolutely stunning they will set you back by at least £800. So if you want to follow the hot trend on the budget I found a perfect Thigh High on the high street (on the picture above):
BUNNY2 PU Stretch Thigh High Boots in black for just £75 from http://www.topshop.com. Great size of the heel – not too high allowing comfortable wear for hours. Love, love, love!
August 29, 2011 § Leave a comment
What has everyone been talking about since LV Autumn/Winter show? The LV wellies of course! (LV would disagree with my terminology – they named this rubber creation Fetish High Boot.) Now they are available to buy and definitely deserve a place on my fashion wishlist.
They are absolutely perfect for London – unarguably the most fashionable way to step out into the rain. Previously it was all about Jimmy Choo and Hunter collaboration (I own a beautiful pair in red) but now the world of wellies has been improved by adding a high heel. Now wellies are ready to rock the urban environment.
Available in 3 colours – green, black and red for £630.
August 11, 2011 § Leave a comment
Stella McCartney repackaged her original perfume into three limited edition flower bottles using the prints from her Spring/Summer 11 collection. The design itself makes me want to buy all three (£35 from Boots), have them on the dresser and use instead of real flower arrangements. The actual perfume is the cherry on top. If you don’t have one already, buy it – rose and amber create a very enchanting fragrance. If you do – get the limited edition one before it runs out. And for all environment lovers there is another plus: it’s organic. Ah, it ticks all my boxes..
The only problem is deciding which one!