Knitwear for a Merry Christmas
December 24, 2012 § Leave a comment
Merry Christmas, Fashionistas! The day we have all been waiting for is upon us. It is nearly time to rip off those carefully assembled wrappings from presents, consume unbelievable amounts of turkey and alcohol and of course share a merry holiday spirit with the family. But what is just as exciting on Christmas day is seeing everyone in their funky jumpers! While I still love wearing cute ones knitted by my grandma, there are plenty of high quality fashionable option to choose from. This Christmas I am particularly in love with four below, all available on net-a-porter.com:
- Meadham Kirchhoff jumper with embroided baubles, luxury buy you would find hard not to wear after the celebrations are over. £945
- LOT78 Ho! Ho! Ho! jumper – not an obvious Christmas motif, but definitely a fun option. £220
- Moschino Reindeer Applique jumper – a more traditional choice, but from personal experience, be careful when choosing white for such a festive day! £396
- Moschino Gingerbread turtleneck. Yes indeed, turtleneck. While it is not a knitwear style I usually recommend on My Fashion Wish List, since Christmas day is probably the only day you can pull off something that ridiculous, you might as well use the chance! £396
Christmas Special: Choosing The Dress
November 20, 2012 § Leave a comment
Today the realisation hit me – it is just over a month left until Christmas and I haven’t produced any holiday related content on my blog, let alone done any real life Christmas preparation. So I decided to start with all important choice of holiday outfits for ourselves, since we all know that is what we are all secretly looking forward to the most: our holiday wardrobe! Since I only have one month left and a whole bunch of Christmas related decisions to make I am doing this one the easy way. You can shop around for hours going from store to store to choose a dress, but sometimes you do not have to sacrifice the selection while shopping under one roof from great pre-selected range, cutting all the time wasting out. This is what I did today – I headed to department store House of Fraser which surprised me with the selection: there are literally thousands of dresses!
1. JS Collections cowl back maxi with rosette detail shoulders, £260
2. Adrianna Papell evening strapless V shape draped dress, £200
3. Coast Lavender maxi, £180
4. Bastyan May maxi dress, £325
5. Biba High neck pleated maxi, £189
6. Ted Baker Callen pleated maxi dress, £199
7. Phase Eight Cinderella beaded dress, £250
8. Anoushka G Metallic rouched wrap dress, £295
9. Untold Beaded blouson style dress, £350
10. Phase Eight Pippa embellished lace dress, £300
December 25, 2011 § Leave a comment
Merry Christmas to you all! Let this holiday remind you of the importance of family, fun and laughter. Have a great day and amazing last week of 2011!
I would like to take this opportunity to mention that My Fashion Wish List has been having amazing four months and it is all thanks to you, dear readers! Last week my post on rolled up jeans has been features in top 20 fashion blog post of the week on Independent Fashion Bloggers website and I am so proud! Here is the IFB weekly round up, you might like to see other posts in top 20 by great bloggers in the community!
THE IFB WEEKLY ROUNDUP: LINKS À LA MODE: DECEMBER 22ND
- 40 Plus Style: Why You Need to Get Yourself a Drape Dress
- Consider Me Lovely: Soft + Hard
- El Fashionista: 2012 Shoe Calendar
- Girl Loves Color: Baby, It’s Cold Outside
- Haute Cocktail: Wicce the Turkish Wizard
- Homes & Heels: This Weekend
- Incognito: Tomboy with an Elvis’ Hairstyle
- Le’Love: Going the Distance
- My Fashion Wishlist: Forget Skinnies, Everyone’s Rolling Up
- Over 50 Feeling 40: Age Discrimination- Overcoming
- Pippa Holiday: Dear Santa
- Pretty Quirky Pants: DIY Braided Wrap Bracelet
- Simply Frabulous: Christmas Fashion and Food
- Style Delights: Fashion Victim, Trend Slave
- Style Sizzle: Holiday Sparkle
- Stylish Thought: Speak Your Mind
- The Fashion Edition: The GoodHood Store
- The Love Hanger: Rose Gold
- Tickle Me Chic: Eco-Friendly Dyed Denim
- What 2 Wear Where: Gifts That Give
And here are a few links from the sponsor that allows IFB community to function: New Bags at Shopbop: Cleobella, Marc Jacobs Bags, BE & D, Cambridge Satchels, Wang Backpacks, Anya Hindmarch Bags, Mara Hoffman Bags, Botkier, Romygold, KORS, LeSportsac, Weekend & Beach Bags
Also My Fashion Wish List recently won a blogging competition with Style Mogul – her blog post on me and my blog is going up soon!
Once again happy holidays!
Maria of My Fashion Wish List
One Stop Shop: Christmas Party at French Connection
December 2, 2011 § Leave a comment
Christmas is 22 days away and if you have not picked you dress yet, it is time to hit the shops!
I must admit more that one item from my holiday wardrobe over the last three years came from French Connection. There is something about their dress collection that ticks all the right boxes: highest quality, feminine shapes, beautiful colours and tons of sequins!
The range this year is as always impressive – if you do not find at least one dress that you feel like you must add to your wardrobe I envy you and your self control. Especially now that some dresses are discounted by up to 50%.
Here are my top picks. I struggled cutting down to 3 dresses, especially since some of them are available in different colours.
1. Silver Samantha Sequin Dress, £165. Nothing says party as much as sequin. Be daring, hit the dance floor and shine like a star (literally).
2. Aztec Drape Maxi Dress, currently on sale and is £ 144. For the most elegant of parties. Channel your Grecian goddess by adding gold bangles and putting your hair up. Best choice for pear shaped readers.
3. Spotlight Knit Cap Sleeve Dress, £115. Available in red, baby pink and mercury grey. The shape and texture is inspired by Herve Leger dresses, but unlike many other copies, the quality here is outstanding. Try it on and see how it hides all your ‘problem areas’ and highlight all the curves! Possibly the best dress ever.
Go online to http://www.frenchconnection.com and see the rest of collection for yourself. Come back and let me know what you are wearing this holiday season!
November 9, 2011 § Leave a comment
Christmas is just around the corner and everyone is looking for a right pair of shoes to wear to the celebrations. This season the shoe trend is perfect – look no further than Cinderella-inspired glitter pair.
While the trend originated with Miu Miu and shoes like the Glitter and Suede Ankle Boots above (£555) there are various great options available on High Street. My favourite of which is the Carvela Grass Wedge (£150) that I will be definitely adding to my shoe closet.
My advice would be to style the outfit down by wearing a single-colour dress, but do not be afraid to experiment with different textures and structures. After all you will be wearing that to a Christmas party and hence would like to stand out as much as possible. Just go for it – every girl dreams of being a Cinderella for a night!