January 18, 2012 § 4 Comments
It is very rare that one overpowering trend emerges for the season, but this time despite fragmented trends like flower and parsley prints, sport de luxe and metallics, pastels are quickly gaining popularity. Also, surprisingly this trend matches the season well – it is not about being edgy or standing out but feeling spring and blending in with the natural colouring of the season.
It is hard to think of one designer collection that hasn’t featured pastel pieces this season – the catwalk was filled with them: from Louis Vuitton to Miu Miu, from Moschino to Oscar de la Renta, from Lanvin to DKNY. Two of my favourite campaigns this season play around with the trend too – Mulberry ice cream and candy on Brighton Pier and good-enough-to-eat pastels of Louis Vuitton (pictured above).
And since the new season just kicked in, it is absolutely the right time to discuss the most wanted pieces that have to be added to My Fashion Wish List for this particular trend. Above is my designer selection – think ice cream, candy floss and bubble gum!
- Mulberry Pebbed Beige Glossy Goat Bayswater £795
- Alice Cicolini Earrings and Ring each £1400
- Anya Hindmarch Valorie Glitter-finish Leather Clutch £350
- Mulberry Candy Pink Jersey Melange Printed Badge T-shirt £90
- Miu Miu Bow Embellished Bikini £145
- Dion Lee Plisse Stretch Jersey and Silk Crepe Dress £787
- Louis Vuitton Tuileries Sandals in Silk £600
- Miu Miu Top Handle Bag in Pink £825
- MiH Paris Mid-rise Cropped Jeans £155
But it is not all about designer creations – high street is rapidly absorbing the trend and coming up with great items. Here is the selection of my favourite pastels from high street so you can join in on the trend for below £140.
- Zatchel Colour Block Leather Satchel £122
- Topshop High Wasted Chinos £38
- Kandee Space Sherbet Boots £105
- Topshop Pastel Geo Tunic £20
- ASOS Pack of 50 Pastel Gummies £8
- Topshop Textured Knitted Grunge Jumper £36
- KG by Kurt Geiger Esme Shoes £140
- River Island Aqua Dress Belted Skater Dress £35
- American Apparel Large Carry-all Leather Pouch in Soft Pink, Lavender and Lemon each £48
Here you go – now you are ready to be the most fashionable self and welcome spring in style. It is just around the corner, I promise!