March 19, 2012 § Leave a comment
Motel have outdone themselves. The brand has been known for a while for pretty and feminine party dresses but it has never before been truly fashionable. Until now. Their new season collection contains a dress that excites the fashion side of my brain – Zoe racer back dress with bold photographic prints. First of all I am a fan of photographic prints: for example my obsession with We Are Handsome bikinis prove this. Secondly I absolutely love the shape – simple yet feminine and definitely sexy it will fit for both day and night wear (for the day just match it with tights and an understated jacket and for night add a statement bag and killer heels). And thirdly they are £29 yet Motel did not cut corners and the back of the dress is also printed: improvement of the usual disappointment of purchasing the dress online only to realise the back of it is just black – shame knowing that I’m not in 2D. And fourthly, there is so much choice: from varied prints to length as you can pick a mini or midi style. Below are my favourites:
Motel Zoe Dress in Cityscape Print, £29
Motel Zoe Dress in Horses Print, £29
Motel Zoe Dress in Mountain Print, £29
Motel Zoe Dress in Poppy Field Print, £29
Those four and other print/length versions are available on ASOS.
January 21, 2012 § Leave a comment
Just what we need to brighten up our mid-January mood when all the sales are already over – another batch of discounts that offers great value for money, this time from French Connection. With tops under £25, knitwear under £35, dresses under £37 and coats under £69 it is hard to find a reason not to treat yourself. The sale is on for another 200 hours and here are my top picks for inspiration:
- Twinkle Knit Jumper, £35 – perfect with skinny jeans or leggings.
- Heartbreaker Scoop Neck Dress, £37 – great dress to take you from day at the office to after work drinks, just add extra eyeliner or lipstick and you are ready.
- Eski Knit Zip Cardigan, £35 – warm and comfortable it is perfect for a leisurely weekend outfit.
- Fur All Hours Coat, £69 – so classic you won’t regret the purchase and will wear it again and again.
- Midnight Moscow Dress, £37 – exactly the kind of dress we expect to see at French Connection, that’s how we love it!
- Vaity Lace Flared Dress, £37 – something Kate Middleton would wear, with nude pumps, hence perfect for family dinners and meeting his parents.
December 10, 2011 § 1 Comment
I absolutely adore Zuhair Murad creations. And so do a lot of celebrities. Above Miley Cyrus chose it for Oscars, Blake Lively was wearing it on set of Gossip Girl and Katy Perry (a big fan who has been seen in Zuhair Murad on numerous occasions) for Vanity Fair Party.
So if you want to make your celebration this winter very special, it is an obvious go to designer – you would sparkle and shine and for sure feel like an A-lister. Of course this does not come cheap – dresses start from £3500. So yes, for most of us those dresses will be unattainable, but hey, it doesn’t mean we can’t dream (or use them as inspiration for finding similar styles at more affordable prices).
The three dresses above are from Zuhair Murad range available at Harrods:
1. Angel Lace Gown, £5650
2. Beaded Shift Dress, £4025
3. Velvet Sequin Dress, £4125
Velvet, lace, beads and sequin are the top features of Zuhair Murad dresses this season – are they in your holiday wardrobe?
December 2, 2011 § Leave a comment
Christmas is 22 days away and if you have not picked you dress yet, it is time to hit the shops!
I must admit more that one item from my holiday wardrobe over the last three years came from French Connection. There is something about their dress collection that ticks all the right boxes: highest quality, feminine shapes, beautiful colours and tons of sequins!
The range this year is as always impressive – if you do not find at least one dress that you feel like you must add to your wardrobe I envy you and your self control. Especially now that some dresses are discounted by up to 50%.
Here are my top picks. I struggled cutting down to 3 dresses, especially since some of them are available in different colours.
1. Silver Samantha Sequin Dress, £165. Nothing says party as much as sequin. Be daring, hit the dance floor and shine like a star (literally).
2. Aztec Drape Maxi Dress, currently on sale and is £ 144. For the most elegant of parties. Channel your Grecian goddess by adding gold bangles and putting your hair up. Best choice for pear shaped readers.
3. Spotlight Knit Cap Sleeve Dress, £115. Available in red, baby pink and mercury grey. The shape and texture is inspired by Herve Leger dresses, but unlike many other copies, the quality here is outstanding. Try it on and see how it hides all your ‘problem areas’ and highlight all the curves! Possibly the best dress ever.
Go online to http://www.frenchconnection.com and see the rest of collection for yourself. Come back and let me know what you are wearing this holiday season!
November 21, 2011 § Leave a comment
No, I am not talking about flying houses like the one in the cartoon UP. House of Dereon is an American brand established in 2004 by famous singer Beyonce and her mother Tina Knowles (known for styling Beyonce and other members on Destiny’s Child) and now it is finally available in our country.
The brand is intergenerationally inspired – Beyonce acts as a muse, Tina Knowles as a designer and her late mother Agnes Dereon who worked as a seamstress and dressmaker in Louisiana as an inspiration. Targeting 20-30 year old fashionable women (that is their own positioning, I on the other hand do not believe that fashion needs to be age-specific) the brand provides a range of sexy dresses and other outfits that would make your fashion choices for a night out on the town easy.
In my opinion even if House of Dereon was not Beyonce-related I would love the collection. It is feminine and definitely sexy – who would not want a piece from their collection, especially now that we are all thinking about holiday season outfits?
Above are two of my favourite dresses from the collection: Shimmer Strap Bodycon Dress in Gold £90-£100 and Assymetric Mini Dress £80. I would also like to add sequin pieces from the collection to my wishlist: I love waterfall blazer (£110) and a wrap front skirt (£75) especially since both come in a choice of black and gold colours. See the whole range in the special concession at London Selfridges, online at http://www.selfridges.com and http://www.lipsy.com.
Little tip, if you are shopping online try Lipsy as the prices are up to 10% lower and you will be able to get free delivery on orders over £75 with a special code: AW11SHIPPING but not all items are available at both e-locations.
October 30, 2011 § Leave a comment
My second online outlet favourite is http://www.COCOSA.com – a members only fashion outlet filled with exciting sale events. A highlight of this website – ability to preview sale items before the sale opens that makes you want to rush to your computer ever day at 7am to check up new offerings.
With a wide range of sales going on it was hard to pick my favourites (harder than deciding who to send home on this years X factor). Nevertheless here are my 3 finalists, I mean dresses, currently available online:
1. Jenny Packham Short Multi Sequin Dress at £462 which is an amazing 83% off (originally £2799). Luxurious statement piece that I would not mind wearing (to say the least) for the upcoming winter holidays celebrations.
2. Felder Felder Vessna Dress – a beautiful cotton pastel dress with abstract pattern, perfect for taking you from day to night. Currently at £128 which is a 70% discount.
3. Emma Cook silk printed jewel dress would look great with chunky ankle boots – at £159 which is a great 52% off.
Visit the website to see more deals like Stephen Webster Jewellery and clothing range by Milly.
September 21, 2011 § 2 Comments
Scarlett Johansson has been my celebrity style crush for a while. So while checking out one of my favourite ‘as seen on stars’ websites – http://www.mcberry.co.uk I came across the Glamorous Lace Dress section. And a few have been inspired by Scarlett!
Here is my pick – the green lacy strapless number (only my favourite dress shape of all time). Plus its green and lacy which goes very well with A/W 11 trends! Grazia team loves it too and featured it in their magazine. So if you want to boost your star power visit the website where this dress is available at £85.