November 20, 2012 § Leave a comment
Today the realisation hit me – it is just over a month left until Christmas and I haven’t produced any holiday related content on my blog, let alone done any real life Christmas preparation. So I decided to start with all important choice of holiday outfits for ourselves, since we all know that is what we are all secretly looking forward to the most: our holiday wardrobe! Since I only have one month left and a whole bunch of Christmas related decisions to make I am doing this one the easy way. You can shop around for hours going from store to store to choose a dress, but sometimes you do not have to sacrifice the selection while shopping under one roof from great pre-selected range, cutting all the time wasting out. This is what I did today – I headed to department store House of Fraser which surprised me with the selection: there are literally thousands of dresses!
1. JS Collections cowl back maxi with rosette detail shoulders, £260
2. Adrianna Papell evening strapless V shape draped dress, £200
3. Coast Lavender maxi, £180
4. Bastyan May maxi dress, £325
5. Biba High neck pleated maxi, £189
6. Ted Baker Callen pleated maxi dress, £199
7. Phase Eight Cinderella beaded dress, £250
8. Anoushka G Metallic rouched wrap dress, £295
9. Untold Beaded blouson style dress, £350
10. Phase Eight Pippa embellished lace dress, £300
November 6, 2012 § Leave a comment
Jewellery. So often it is the subject of MyFashionWishList posts I am thinking of soon renaming this blog MyJewelleryWishList. But then again what girl does not dream of jewellery? Clothes, shoes and bags, those we can buy for ourselves, but jewellery, especially of the more expensive kind seems to appear less on our bank statements, staying firmly in the wish list zone. So, just for your wish lists, girlies, I have another jewellery brand worth taking a look at. Meet Clarice Price Thomas and her eponymous London-based jewellery brand. Her collection is inspired by time pieces, thanks to her father being a watchmaker, and comes in a variety of materials including solid gold with diamonds. The pieces are made to order and can take up to three weeks but are definitely worth the wait thanks to results being so refined and captivating. I am a particular fan of engraved items that come with a choice of three phrases: Time Never Stops, A Moment in Time and Till the End of Time. Pick your own and make it memorable (or drop enough hints to your other half, Christmas is just around the corner).
- Tock Earrings in Silver, £198
- Triple Winding Wheel Ring in Gold, £122
- Double Winding Wheel Ring in Gold with White Sapphire, £138
- Engraved Time Necklace in Gold, £150
- Engraved Time Ring in Silver, £108
October 2, 2012 § 1 Comment
The fact that skulls are fashionable symbols is not news. Their recent popularity probably goes back to Alexander McQueen and his widely popular skull printed silk scarfs. And once again for A/W 12 the fashion house kept their notorious symbol of death at the heart of the accessories collection and created what has become a sensational bracelet that has been gracing everyone’s arms for the last few months. Meet double skull bracelet that has already moved from My Fashion Wish List straight to my wrist – the hottest accessory of the moment. And since not everyone can afford McQueen prices, or even find where to purchase original one that hasn’t yet sold out, I found a few others that have been inspired by the double skulls for you to see below. So pick yours, put it on and join the cool kids.
May 11, 2012 § Leave a comment
If I was getting married, not that I am planning to in the near future, I would not want the whole affair to be ordinary. That’s because a lot of people get married, about 250,000 people in UK each year, and standing out of this very large crowd would indeed be hard. So when it comes to wedding bands I would not want them to be simple and ordinary. That is why I got so inspired by Cartier’s recent reincarnation of 70’s rebellious ring design – Juste un Clou – which is shaped as, well, a nail. I sense this might cause disapproving sighs on the other side of the screen but let me explain my reasoning.
- Being so original they satisfy my need to have extraordinary wedding affair (and when I say extraordinary I really don’t mean grand wedding, simply different).
- Idiom ‘tough as nails’ comes to mind – and with currently high divorce rates, who would not want a bit of symbolic toughness in their marriage.
- They have two designs as if they are made for a couple – bride can wear diamond encrusted ring and groom more simple tougher version.
- They are made from 3 different metals: gold, white gold or rose gold allowing you to choose your favourite medium (and if you have seen the latest Apprentice, when I say medium I am not talking about the person you use to contact the other side, Adam).
- And last but not the least – it’s Cartier! So even if they are different and rebellious, they ooze class and will attract a lot of attention to your ring finger.
Above pictured rings in white gold are priced at £2,675 and £1,625 respectively.
P.S. To my boyfriend: please don’t freak out and read anything into this.
April 25, 2012 § Leave a comment
Diamonds are the girl’s best friend, sang Marylin. And this Hong Kong born, Saint Martins educated jewellery designer agrees! After studying gemmology her fascination with diamond cutting process inspired designs of her London made jewellery label that pays a tribute to the special form of carbon. Cute, stylish and very interesting indeed! And where can you purchase them, you might ask? On Myflashtrash.com of course – online jewellery store ran by ex-Made in Chelsea actress Amber Atherton. If this is what she quit the scripted reality show for then hats of to the girl, she is doing a brilliant job and if you haven’t already do look around the website, there are so many hidden gems waiting discovery!
- Diamond Trillion Charm Ring, £140
- Diamond Cage Ring, £182
- Heart and Oval Diamond Charm Pearl Bracelet, £384
- Diamond Cage Stud Earrings, £168
August 24, 2011 § Leave a comment
Just recently I broke my rule about always having expensive shoes – now it is time to break the same rule regarding bags. (What is the point of rules if not to break them?)
Chances are you have already heard about boohoo.com. There are billboards and magazine spreads of Belted Skater Dress by Boohoo everywhere you look. Yet what caught my eye on the website was a selection of very cool animal skin bags in amazing autumn colours for unbelievable £15. I want them all!
Here I selected my favourite small cross body bags: Anise Dimple Chain Strap Box Bag in Orange, Emma Cross Body Bag in Gold (day-to-night which is always a plus) and Misha Box Bag in Teal (40’s inspired so satisfies another fashion trend). Good luck picking your favourite!
August 8, 2011 § Leave a comment
It is not all about designer items of course. I am a firm believer that great things do not have to cost a fortune. These earring prove me right. Priced at just £12 from asos.com those beauties will spice up any outfit and make you feel summery even on a cloudy day. Exactly what we the English need knowing how unreliable our summer is! Move your hair out of the way and parade those green splashes – night or day!