October 22, 2012 § Leave a comment
While in Moscow a few weeks ago I stumbled across a brand of super chic handbags and just had to share them with you. Feminine, functional and fashionable, these leather bags are created by Barbara Rihl under her eponymous label. The more I researched about the brand and the lady behind it the more jealous I grew of her career (not in the bitter way but in the I-am-so-inspired-I-want-to-be-her kind of way). First, Barbara Rihl was a student to Karl Lagerfeld, absorbing a wealth of experience from this multi-talented icon for two years. Then she moved on to spend a year learning from Jil Sanders before being appointed into the famous house of brands LVMH to work on their marketing strategy. And then in 2000, after feeling that it was time for her to stand behind her own wheel, she created a brand of these witty bags, that are now available at over 1000 shops around the world. I bet after reading that I’m not the only one envious of this extremely talented and successful lady! And while you are reconsidering your personal success, here are a few of her designs I picked out for you to see. Take a look at the rest of the collection here.
- Mystical, €360 (approximately £293)
- Jen’s Favourite, €360 (approximately £293)
- Attractive, €360 (approximately £293)
- Red Scarlet, €325 (approximately £264)
- Matchless Helena, €312 (approximately £254)
- Shiny Linda, €350 (approximately £285)
February 16, 2012 § 1 Comment
Is it just me or have you all noticed that leather is no longer the It material for bags? Last season we had many designers turn to canvas for their ultra-luxury totes (think Lanvin with prices of £450 and up), and this season we are witnessing rubber revolution (well, not just rubber but plastics and perspex too).
The idea is very utilitarian – rubber bags are durable, easy to clean and as in case of clutches provide perfect grip(don’t take the latter point too seriously). But of course there is more to it – rubber begs to be highly colourful, and with colour being a major trend of the season, who can say no to bright and candy-like bags on the pictures above? They are:
- Michael by Michael Kors Jet Set Jelly Tote, £130
- Anya Hindmarch Nevis Colour-Block Rubber Tote, £295
- Anya Hindmarch Valorie Matte Clutch, £250
And if you are on the budget, as always Asos has the answer: frosted perspex clutches on the picture below are £18 each and are large enough to fit all your necessities for the day plus will provide the needed burst of colour to your outfit.
October 21, 2011 § Leave a comment
For a fashion lover and shopaholic the statement I am about to make expresses the highest degree of commitment (something like eternal love): If I was to only wear handbags from one brand for the rest of my life I would choose Mulberry, with very little hesitation.
And this season only helped to shape my feelings towards it. Mulberry keeps moving at the speed of light – new shapes, textures, colours appear on weekly basis, I simply can not keep up with all the new releases. The new bag which came out today is the Fox Lock Bag (not pictured above). And it is not like I do not love it, I do, it is just there have been so many new arrivals that I just had to take a second, look over the whole season and select my favourites! So here you go, the list of bags I would love to get my hands on:
1. Alexa Deer Brown Quilted Napa, £885. Love the new texture and matching quilted postman lock features.
2. Tillie Midnight Croc Print Suede, £895. In love with the bag shape – great contemporary satchel and if you like your black bags, this texture will spice up the day to day colour.
3. Buckle Bag in Midnight Two Tone Lambskin, £885. New shape alert! An interesting update to original Alexa’s leather straps are replaced by metal – possibly more practical but definitely very cool.
As you realise I missed out the new reincarnations of Bayswater and Lily as well as brand new Push Lock and Taylor, but I just had to limit myself, otherwise yes – I would not mind every one of them. Told you I am a shopaholic!