March 1, 2012 § 17 Comments
For as long as I remember there only ever been 2 lengths of skirts in my wardrobe – either maxi or mini (to tell you the truth the majority are mini and I am sure I am not the only one). Calf length aka midi skirt would only be associated with black and white photos my grandmother used to show me of her youth. But now it is time to forget that association and welcome the new fashion piece into our lives (and wardrobes) – Chiffon Pleated Midi Skirt.
Slight fascination with this particular item started on a few catwalks for autumn winter 2011 season, but by spring summer 2012 pleated midi has repositioned itself from charity shops to everyone’s fashion wish list and it seems it is here to stay! The item is so versatile, as you can see from the catwalk looks above, it is likely to become a wardrobe staple: you can wear it on leisurely walk, to a work meeting, during cocktail hour and pretty much everywhere else by teaming it with different tops and accessories. And did I mention it looks as good with flats as with heels?
My favourite way to wear one this season is to pick one-colour version in either bright or pastel shade, team it up with oversized T-shirt and add randomly put together long chain necklaces. And if you are not afraid to experiment team up socks with wedges à la Mulberry campaign and you are ready to rock it!
The best thing – there is such a wide range to choose from whether you are looking for designer item or cheaper way to adopt this trend. My favourites are those by Jil Sander which come in so many colours you would not want to look anywhere else. Bellow are my designer and budget picks for joining on the hot trend of Spring Summer 12!
- Maison Martin Margiela, £330
- HMH Couture, £150
- Pleats Please Issey Miyake, £339
- See By Chloe, £334
- Jil Sander, £580
- Jil Sander, £580
- Jil Sander, £282
- Jil Sander, £580
- Jovonista Pleated Skirt With Tonal Flower Print, £25
- Topshop Pleat Calf Skirt in Yellow, £48
- Max C Pleated Midi Skirt also available in red, £15
- Asos Petit Exclusive Midi Skirt also available in yellow and baby blue, £28
- New Look Chiffon Pleated Midi Skirt also available in cream and black, £19.99
- Sister Jane Pleats Skirt, available in Topshop, £49
- Asos Midi Skirt With Pleats also available in black, £21
- Zara Accordion pleated Skirt, £39.99
February 12, 2012 § Leave a comment
Here we are again – 14th of February is fast approaching and if you haven’t yet figured out what to wear for that special date night below are a few ideas to suit very different budgets (just add sexy lingerie and you are sorted). Enjoy, love birds!
Matthew Williamson Feather and Crystal Embellished Lace Dress, £3895
Chanel Vintage Logo Bracelet, £790 (from farfetch.com)
Jimmy Choo Tema Satin and Suede Sandals, £795
Alexander McQueen Britannia Skull Crystal Studded Suede Box, £1495
Herve Leger Embellished Bandage Crop Top, was £870 now £305
Poleci Lace Trimmed Skirt, was £275 now £110
Elizabeth and James Metallic Pumps, was £310 now £155
Tom Binns Silver Ring, was £290 now £116
Herve Leger Leather Minaudiere Clutch, was £495 now £198
November 22, 2011 § Leave a comment
And it is not just a high street bag that looks like an It bag, it is an It bag in its own right. This Zara Shopper made a big entrance this summer – simple and spacious it attracted a big following straight away, including Olivia Palermo who has a few in different colours. (Olivia Palermo is my ultimate style crush especially as she is not afraid to add some high street into her outfit. Love it and do it!)
And now the bag is back on sale in a more wintery hue. Get a leather one in brown, black or petrol blue, or try a leather and felt mix in grey and black. Starting from £79.99 this is probably the cheapest It bag you can get your hands on, as yet the quality will not make you regret your decision. And if you have your heart set on it, hurry up, it will not be around for long (the black crocodile print bag is already sold out)!
October 20, 2011 § 1 Comment
Ankle boots are the most multifunctional shoe style for autumn as they take you from day to night. While scanning the usual suspects of high street retailing I picked out my 3 favourite styles that won’t blow your bank. Here they are:
1. Topshop Absinthe Metal High Heel Boots in black for £80. Love the chunky heel – great for toughening up girly outfits for a high fashioned look. Plus super comfortable for round the clock wear.
2. KG Ellison Multicoloured Ankle Boots are currently on sale for just £89 (were £150). Colourful and a lot of fun – just what you eed to brighten up grey autumn days.
3. River Island Dark Green Platform Ankle Boots for £100 – a perfect colour for this autumn. It is all in the detail – woven strap with metal buckle and large stitches make it stand out.