May 7, 2012 § Leave a comment
Maybe its just a logical continuation of a massive pastel trend or maybe it is an interesting micro trend on its own. Whatever the case, fashion developed quite a liking for ice cream recently! Mulberry S/S12 campaign set (seen above) was covered in ice cream while Louis Vuitton campaign featured models indulging in frozen sundaes. But ice cream being used as a prop is not the end of the obsession – ice cream prints, embellishments and even ice cream shaped jewellery can all be found both on high street and in designer boutiques. And the main two players in the game are Mulberry and Topshop, each providing us with a choice of ice cream themed items at various price points so you can get your hands on the yummy goodies whatever your budget. Below are my delicious picks from both brands.
- Topshop Crop Sweat, £24 – love the cropped length – exposed midriffs is a trend on its own!
- Mulberry Grey Marl Vest, £100 – so multifunctional, I’d wear it with jeans on the weekend and add to a work skirt and jacket combo for more casual look (for those who don’t have super smart work places of course).
- Topshop Printed Slit Back Shirt, £32 – possibly the cutest printed shirt of the season.
- Mulberry White Vest, £100 – white version of my beloved multifunctional vest.
- Mulberry Sunglasses and Ice Cream Necklace, £170 – barely visible but nevertheless there!
- Topshop Ice Cream Collar, £20 – silly statement necklace, perfect for adding eccentric feel to your look.
- Mulberry Pale Gold Metal Pin, £70 – it’s been a while since pins were at all fashionable but this one hits the nail on the head!
- Topshop Drop Earrings, £6.50 – perfect summer day accessory!
February 28, 2012 § 3 Comments
Spring Summer 12 season brought us brand new hot shoe trend: metallic toe caps. Ever since Louis Vuitton show had toe caps on shoes of all shapes and colours I fell in love and looking at the pictures above who would not? Indeed it has been a while that pointy shoes were off the fashion chart but now with the toe cap update they are back and they are big!
And it is not just Louis Vuitton – many other designers and high street already adopted the trend and made a wide range of beauities to choose from whatever your budget:
- Giuseppe Zanotti, Toe Cap Pump, £360
- Christian Louboutin Duvette 120, also available in nude
- Mango Toe Cap Pump, £75
- Sinner Contrast Toecap Points, £62 at Topshop
- Gilmore2 Metallic Toecap Points, £60 at Topshop
But the one I am the most excited to see hit the shops is the Kurt Geiger version from their campaign poster: white sling backs with metal toe cap and medium heel height, those are perfect for day-to-night summer wear and are definitely worthy of my summer fashion wish list.
I am sure is a month time, when the weather heats up you will see them everywhere! The only question is: would you go for classic black, summery white or trendy pastel shade?
February 26, 2012 § Leave a comment
You can’t buy love. Yet some symbols of love can indeed be purchased. And throughout history jewellery was top pick on the list as a present that symbolises deep feelings (or in modern day symbolises something more along the lines of ‘I’m sorry I had an affair’). Ever since the release of Cartier Love collection, it has been the go to range for those kind of presents but now Louis Vuitton Lock Me collection has entered the game at a lower price range. Romantic symbolism of locks, keys and hearts plus the design of the buckle that is LV through and through – what more could you possibly want!
Available in up to 4 colours (Amarante, Ecaille, Black and Pomme d’Amor) the prices are as follows: pendant £340, bracelet £340, ring £180 and earrings £270.
August 29, 2011 § Leave a comment
What has everyone been talking about since LV Autumn/Winter show? The LV wellies of course! (LV would disagree with my terminology – they named this rubber creation Fetish High Boot.) Now they are available to buy and definitely deserve a place on my fashion wishlist.
They are absolutely perfect for London – unarguably the most fashionable way to step out into the rain. Previously it was all about Jimmy Choo and Hunter collaboration (I own a beautiful pair in red) but now the world of wellies has been improved by adding a high heel. Now wellies are ready to rock the urban environment.
Available in 3 colours – green, black and red for £630.