June 27, 2012 § Leave a comment
At the time this post is be published, thanks to scheduling function, I will most probably be lying on the beach sporting one of the swimsuits and bikinis I purchased for the holiday. And while shopping around, I could not help but notice a trend – despite swimsuits being back in fashion for several seasons replacing almost-there bikinis as the hottest thing to wear on the beach, this year swimsuits have seriously stepped it up. Now that designers have such a big piece of material to work with (well at least compared to naughtiest most popular bikinis) they have been seriously experimenting with everything from shape to colour to material. While browsing through net-a-porter selection it became apparent that there was not one swimsuit which was ordinary: belted, crocheted, inspired by wetsuits, cut out or made with surprising material – not one of them is what you expect. And that is indeed exciting. Below are my favourites – whether you seek out the exact ones or use them for inspiration for your own beachwear choices, this summer there is only one thing to remember – there is no space for ordinary on the beach!
1. Babajaan Lari Ocean Zigzag Teared Swimsuit, £245
2. Missoni Havra Crotchet-Knit Swimsuit, £410
3. Zimmermann Floral Swimsuit with Buckle Belt, £250
7. Melissa Odabash Nico Zebra Print Swimsuit, £225
8. Norma Kamali Foil Metallic Cutout Swimsuit, £310
9. Clube Bossa Couture One Shoulder Lame Swimsuit, £730