November 28, 2012 § Leave a comment
Just as in one of my favourite Christmas songs, it is indeed pretty cold outside and it is not getting any warmer in the foreseeable future. So the only thing left to do is to wrap up warm. This blog is dedicated to scarves – an easy and chic way to add some style and all-needed warmth this season. I am pleased to say this particular topic was requested by this blog’s frequent reader Svetlana Kh – thank you for the inspiration and I hope you like the results. Just as always My Fashion Wish List mixes designer brands with more affordable high street pieces and below, in no particular order are my favourite picks: from classic to eccentric, from printed to knitted, and from monochrome to multicolour. If you like one – all you have to do is click on the name to be redirected to its online retailer. Enjoy the selection and happy shopping!
1.Mulberry Blurry Bloom Printed Scarf, £250
2.Athena Procopiou Protostars Modal and Cashmere Blend Scarf, £280
3.Alexander McQueen Skull-print Modal and Cashmere blend Scarf, £245
4.Eugenia Kim Foxy Chunky-knit Wool Scarf, £155
5.Topshop Cable Dip Dye Scarf, £18
6.Cos Texture Knit Snood, £29
7.Lily and Lionel Suki Hong Kong Print Scarf, £120
8.Missoni Zigzag Wool Blend Scarf, £330
9.ASOS Mixed Spot and Leopard Scarf, £18
10.Spratters & Jayne Ultra Chunky Infinity Chain Scarf, £190
11.Zara Slub Knit Scarf, £19.99
12.ASOS Kaleidoscope Print Scarf, £12
13.Zara Camouflage-print Scarf, £22.99
14.ASOS Angora Mix Check Snood, was £50 now £37.50
June 27, 2012 § Leave a comment
At the time this post is be published, thanks to scheduling function, I will most probably be lying on the beach sporting one of the swimsuits and bikinis I purchased for the holiday. And while shopping around, I could not help but notice a trend – despite swimsuits being back in fashion for several seasons replacing almost-there bikinis as the hottest thing to wear on the beach, this year swimsuits have seriously stepped it up. Now that designers have such a big piece of material to work with (well at least compared to naughtiest most popular bikinis) they have been seriously experimenting with everything from shape to colour to material. While browsing through net-a-porter selection it became apparent that there was not one swimsuit which was ordinary: belted, crocheted, inspired by wetsuits, cut out or made with surprising material – not one of them is what you expect. And that is indeed exciting. Below are my favourites – whether you seek out the exact ones or use them for inspiration for your own beachwear choices, this summer there is only one thing to remember – there is no space for ordinary on the beach!
1. Babajaan Lari Ocean Zigzag Teared Swimsuit, £245
2. Missoni Havra Crotchet-Knit Swimsuit, £410
3. Zimmermann Floral Swimsuit with Buckle Belt, £250
7. Melissa Odabash Nico Zebra Print Swimsuit, £225
8. Norma Kamali Foil Metallic Cutout Swimsuit, £310
9. Clube Bossa Couture One Shoulder Lame Swimsuit, £730
December 18, 2011 § Leave a comment
This season it is easy to slip into wearing black and not emerge out of such dress mode until spring. So here are three beautiful coats that will make you forget black and opt for a lighter hue this winter!
1. Michael Kors Faux Fur-Collar Satin-Twill Coat, £350. Cozy and stylish this coat is great if you are looking for a classier version of your usual parka! I am in love with 3/4 length sleeves of this coat and how beautiful the faux fur looks. Another good example that no animals need to be harmed to create warm and beautiful winter ware.
2. Missoni May Wool-Blend Tweed Coat, £3315. This beauty would break the bank but if you want a perfectly tailored coat you won’t find a cooler item in stores right now. Wear it during the day with cozy cardigan or at night with wintery dress. So pretty I can’t look away.
3. Rag and Bone Magnum Leather and Canvas Hooded Coat, £1655. This screams city chic and begs for skinny jeans and flat boots. And with a very practical hood it will keep your head warm in the wintery wind. But the most exciting part is a combination of leather and canvas. That is probably as exciting as a coat can get.
You can purchase all three coats from http://www.net-a-porter.com.