May 7, 2012 § Leave a comment
Maybe its just a logical continuation of a massive pastel trend or maybe it is an interesting micro trend on its own. Whatever the case, fashion developed quite a liking for ice cream recently! Mulberry S/S12 campaign set (seen above) was covered in ice cream while Louis Vuitton campaign featured models indulging in frozen sundaes. But ice cream being used as a prop is not the end of the obsession – ice cream prints, embellishments and even ice cream shaped jewellery can all be found both on high street and in designer boutiques. And the main two players in the game are Mulberry and Topshop, each providing us with a choice of ice cream themed items at various price points so you can get your hands on the yummy goodies whatever your budget. Below are my delicious picks from both brands.
- Topshop Crop Sweat, £24 – love the cropped length – exposed midriffs is a trend on its own!
- Mulberry Grey Marl Vest, £100 – so multifunctional, I’d wear it with jeans on the weekend and add to a work skirt and jacket combo for more casual look (for those who don’t have super smart work places of course).
- Topshop Printed Slit Back Shirt, £32 – possibly the cutest printed shirt of the season.
- Mulberry White Vest, £100 – white version of my beloved multifunctional vest.
- Mulberry Sunglasses and Ice Cream Necklace, £170 – barely visible but nevertheless there!
- Topshop Ice Cream Collar, £20 – silly statement necklace, perfect for adding eccentric feel to your look.
- Mulberry Pale Gold Metal Pin, £70 – it’s been a while since pins were at all fashionable but this one hits the nail on the head!
- Topshop Drop Earrings, £6.50 – perfect summer day accessory!
October 15, 2011 § Leave a comment
Ethnic prints are everywhere. I bet you have already noticed the ladies (and the gentlemen) of fashion adopt the trend – Chloe Sevigny, Leighton Meester and Rihanna to name a few.
For me there is one fashion brand that hit the nail on the head particularly well – Proenza Schouler. From its reincarnation of PS1 bag in ethnic print to dresses, skirts, jumpers and any other garment you can think of – the label is rocking the ethnic trend! And if you can afford the prices, you will be absolutely spoiled for choice.
But, this blog post is about finding the trendy pieces without blowing your bank. Here is my top 3 picks:
1. Multi Print One shoulder Maxi dress, £68 from Topshop.
2. Sale item, ASOS Ikat Leggings for just £12.
3. Lykke Navaho Pussybow Blouse from boohoo.com for £20.
Happy Weekend Shopping!