January 26, 2012 § 12 Comments
Now back to the beginning: Just yesterday Karl Lagerfeld unveiled his new lower priced collection titled Karl to the World (think of Versace for H&M without H&M – just Karl by Karl which is way more exciting). But the fact that you can now purchase Lagerfeld’s creation without the hefty price tag is not the only innovative idea used in the project. The collection is only available online (at net-a-porter.com to be specific who have worked on the concept with Karl from start to finish and now are reaping the fruits of unprecedented publicity) and at the launch events held in Paris and London no clothes could be bought – just the pictures of clothes could be scanned with smart phones to be purchased through net-a-porter online.
The collection is mostly black and white and is exactly what Karl is loved for – high fashion glamorous biker chic who loves neat white shirts, leather fingerless gloves, skinny pants, collars and a bit of glitter here and there. The items start from £20 for canvas shopper and £50 for already mentioned gloves and goes up to £980 for snakeskin print leather jacket, but do not expect to see any of the lower priced items still in stock. Here are a few of my favourite items, but to tell you the truth if I could I would have every single one!
- Jacinda two-tone printed cotton T-shirt, £85
- Sabine sequined shorts, £195
- Judit printed racer-back jersey vest, £70
- Printed cotton-poplin cameo collar, £70
- Metallic-buckled leather sandals, £325
- Cutaway leather gloves, £50
- Ordina hammered-satin biker dress, £225
- Jerry PVC-sleeve cotton jersey logo sweater, £135
- Sless denim biker vest, £390
View the remaining stock here.