June 27, 2012 § Leave a comment
At the time this post is be published, thanks to scheduling function, I will most probably be lying on the beach sporting one of the swimsuits and bikinis I purchased for the holiday. And while shopping around, I could not help but notice a trend – despite swimsuits being back in fashion for several seasons replacing almost-there bikinis as the hottest thing to wear on the beach, this year swimsuits have seriously stepped it up. Now that designers have such a big piece of material to work with (well at least compared to naughtiest most popular bikinis) they have been seriously experimenting with everything from shape to colour to material. While browsing through net-a-porter selection it became apparent that there was not one swimsuit which was ordinary: belted, crocheted, inspired by wetsuits, cut out or made with surprising material – not one of them is what you expect. And that is indeed exciting. Below are my favourites – whether you seek out the exact ones or use them for inspiration for your own beachwear choices, this summer there is only one thing to remember – there is no space for ordinary on the beach!
1. Babajaan Lari Ocean Zigzag Teared Swimsuit, £245
2. Missoni Havra Crotchet-Knit Swimsuit, £410
3. Zimmermann Floral Swimsuit with Buckle Belt, £250
7. Melissa Odabash Nico Zebra Print Swimsuit, £225
8. Norma Kamali Foil Metallic Cutout Swimsuit, £310
9. Clube Bossa Couture One Shoulder Lame Swimsuit, £730
May 24, 2012 § Leave a comment
Prints, colours and fairy-tale inspired lace – some of the hottest raw materials for creation of fashionable garment as of S/S12. And all of those have been organically combined into collection of Italian label – MSGM.
Design starts from traditional pieces that are found in every female closet, which are then updated and reworked to create pieces that keep up with fashion yet are truly versatile and wearable. And on top of that despite high quality and high-end designs, the brand keeps the prices affordable making it the one stop shop for updating your wardrobe with up to date fashion without breaking the bank – what else can a girl want?
And to top off already attractive offer, the brand, despite relative newness has already received praise from critics of the fashion world as Vogue Italia selected it as a finalist of Who’s On Next contest highlighting it as one of the best emerging collections.
So when you are looking for day-to-night (or work-to-cocktail-hour, if you prefer) dress, there is no better place to go than online store farfetch.com where the largest range of MSGM garments are available to purchase. Here are my six colourful and versatile picks that will certainly find a place in your wardrobe and become the key pieces in your summer collection!
4. Sleeveless Shift Dress, £424
5. Lace Dress, £435
6. Floral Print Dress, £334
March 13, 2012 § 4 Comments
Actually I don’t. But as time progresses towards summer London is getting more and more sunny days, hence it is time to have a look what sunglasses designers created for us to choose from. D frames are once again trending, but there are lots of other shapes to choose from, if you are not a fan. Below are my top 9 sunglasses from this season – from D frames to round, this range has all those classic must haves by top eyewear brands.
- Cutler and Gross D Frame Acetate, £280 – leave you wishing for x-ray vision.
- Victoria Beckham Aviators, £275 – a very hot fashionable version of our favourite Aviator shape.
- Alexander Wang Zip Detailed Square Frames, £240 – for those who are bored of animal print plastic, this one has an extra zip or two.
- Prada Round Frame, £215 – traditional and big, this is a statement piece.
- Ray-Ban Club Master Half Frames, £120 – no eyewear selection can avoid mentioning Ray-Ban.
- Miu Miu D Frames, £190 – when you want to see your world in pink colours.
- Oliver Peoples Kosslyn Cat Eye, £225 – classic cat eye shape to lift the mood.
- Prada D Frame, £185 – add a little colour.
- The Row Square Frames, £270 – two tonal frame goes with any skin tone.
But if you are tired of conventional sunglasses and want to have fun with the vital accessory of the summer, I have to introduce you to A-morir, a very cool sunglasses brand loved by celebrities like Rihanna, Nikki Minaj and Lady Gaga that you can find at Box Boutique (online and in store on Maddox Street, London). Here are my favourite statement pieces.
- Love-Hate Dookie Tinted Green, £255
- D’Arcy, £245
- Ellington Red, £245
- Sylvia, £275
- Amadeus Turquoise, £195
Altogether there are 14 hot sunnies for you to choose from, but you might ask which are my favourite? Well, I saved the best for last. Here are Lenox D Frame 2-in-1 glasses by Illesteva (£180) that I absolutely love due to their versatility: removable sun panel transforms your frames from geek chic to perfect D frames with a twist. My inner hipster adores them..
And if all those are out of price range, there is still some use of this article – there are so many affordable sunnies on the high street that by taking those designer glasses as inspiration of main trends, you will easily find a pair that suits you and your wallet.