Spring/Summer 12 Trend Alert: Scarf Print
February 5, 2012 § 1 Comment
Ever since the Spring/Summer 12 catwalk for D&G it was obvious that scarf print will become a major trend for the season. It was not just a few pieces in any collection, it was the domineering theme of the last ever D&G collection before it gets absorbed into Dolce and Gabbana (making it a super brand). The Italian duo put a lot of work in to makes sure the line goes out with a bang: vibrant, sexy, very youthful and trend-setting, this is exactly how we will remember D&G.
Yet scarf print is not new, Versace and Etro are two brands that most closely have been associated with it for years, but thanks to D&G the print is back and it’s big, migrating it out of my grandma’s closet and to the wish lists of all fashionistas. Below are the classics-gone-youthful from Versace and Etro, the pricey way to go about this hot trend.
- Versace Scarf Print Silk Satin Mini Dress, £465
- Versace Barocco Silk Printed Shirt, £745
- Etro Printed Skirt, £320
- Etro Silk Dress, £810
- Versace Venetian Print Silk Shirt, £745
- Etro Paisley Cardigan, £550
But as always I am a firm believer that you don’t have to break the bank to get on board with the latest trend. High street has already caught up with the designers and produced a wide range of scarf print pieces – below is my selection. And if you dare, do mix the prints and colours up in the outfit – clashing is so in!
- River Island Blue Scarf Print Bomber Jacket, £40
- River Island Pink Scarf Print Playsuit, £18
- River Island Orange Raised Front Maxi Skirt, £45
- Topshop Moto Baroque Hotpants, £34
- Topshop Scarf Print Shirt, £40
- Topshop Scarf Priny Leggings, £20
- Zara Printed Blouse With Scarf, £29.99
- Miso Scarf Print Bralet, £15
- Zara Printed Blazer With Scarf, £59.99