Yet Another Sweatshirt
January 8, 2013 § Leave a comment
This is my 5th post in a row about clothing that could be classified into wide ranging category of ‘tops’. While I do apologise about the pattern that has emerged I believe there is a reason behind it. And it is laziness. Not laziness about doing more wide ranging research for my blog but in my day to day dress sense. See, since early November I have been working in fashion PR company that does, more often than not, require me to stay in the office long hours as well as do a lot of running around – usually just from show room to my desk, but very frequently. And because I love every minute of it, I adjusted my day to day style to what can be best described in two words ‘simple and comfortable’. Thus on daily basis I stick to a few pairs of jeans and a lot of leggings, and add to these basics various jumpers, sweatshirts and blirts. Hence no wonder My Fashion Wish List is affected! But I do hope, not in a bad way. After all it is winter and blogging about jumpers makes sense. Plus sweatshirts suddenly became the trendiest item of the moment. All in all, recent narrow focus of my posts should totally be forgiven.
And after that long justification for writing another blog post on sweatshirts, let’s move on to the focus of the article Who the Fuck is Mick Jagger? sweatshirt by Worn By. First of all let me just say that this label, unlike many other out there, is very specific about what they do. And since what they do is awesome, I simply adore it! Worn By since 2004 has been focused on selecting iconic rock’n’roll moments and transferring them into fashionable clothing. This particular jumper, does not as you might first think, represent a new generation of kids that have not heard about this particular music legend. Actually it is inspired by T-shirt worn by Keith Richards in 1975 during the Rolling Stones tour in USA. Back in a day this provocative gesture was widely discussed, making the printed t-shirt legendary. And now, thanks to the brand, you can also join in to rebellious rock’n’roll behaviour. The sweatshirt that is originally created for men is available wornby.co.uk with pricetag of £55. Happy shopping!
Christmas Special: Choosing The Dress
November 20, 2012 § Leave a comment
Today the realisation hit me – it is just over a month left until Christmas and I haven’t produced any holiday related content on my blog, let alone done any real life Christmas preparation. So I decided to start with all important choice of holiday outfits for ourselves, since we all know that is what we are all secretly looking forward to the most: our holiday wardrobe! Since I only have one month left and a whole bunch of Christmas related decisions to make I am doing this one the easy way. You can shop around for hours going from store to store to choose a dress, but sometimes you do not have to sacrifice the selection while shopping under one roof from great pre-selected range, cutting all the time wasting out. This is what I did today – I headed to department store House of Fraser which surprised me with the selection: there are literally thousands of dresses!
1. JS Collections cowl back maxi with rosette detail shoulders, £260
2. Adrianna Papell evening strapless V shape draped dress, £200
3. Coast Lavender maxi, £180
4. Bastyan May maxi dress, £325
5. Biba High neck pleated maxi, £189
6. Ted Baker Callen pleated maxi dress, £199
7. Phase Eight Cinderella beaded dress, £250
8. Anoushka G Metallic rouched wrap dress, £295
9. Untold Beaded blouson style dress, £350
10. Phase Eight Pippa embellished lace dress, £300
November 15, 2012 § Leave a comment
For a while now, and I mean like two years, I have been thinking about purchasing Mulberry Lily. These little shoulder bags are the British version of small Chanel Flap handbags and are simply perfect for the evening. So for me the problem has never been about whether I want one, but which colour I want to go for. The thing is – there are just so many options with more being added each season, that by the time I make up my mind, the range already expanded. Indeed at the moment there are 30 different styles of Lily available at mulberry.com. But a few seasons ago I suddenly got a favourite – a new size of the bag, Large Lily in black, became available and if it wasn’t for the fact it was overly slouchy I would have gone for it straight away. So obviously by the time I finally decided to buy it, it was out of stock and only available in Ink Blue Silky Snake and Snowball White. Anyway the reason I told you this long, not terribly exciting story is to show why I got super excited when I saw Mulberry’s latest addition – Medium Lily (£795). It is simply perfect: suitable both for days and evenings, not slouchy and in choice of classic black and deer brown as well as this season’s hottest dark blush. So my mind is totally made up: not only is there less colour choices but the handbag itself is more versatile. Hence I am in love and will be shortly adding one more Mulberry to my growing collection. Did I manage to convince you to add one to your Fashion Wish List?
November 7, 2012 § Leave a comment
As I descended the escalator leading to the underground kingdom of Topshop at Oxford Circus, I knew that just as usual, I would not leave its hustle and bustle without a few purchases (at least). While wandering around hundreds of meters of clothing, jewellery and shoe racks I caught myself concentrating on very specific groups of items. It’s just one of those days when you approach shopping with a clear vision of an outfit in your head. I wanted a shirt, preferably checkered and definitely oversized. I needed to replenish my colour variation of my favourite Leigh Jeans (I have about 10 different variations of those super-skinny soft denim trousers that feature in my daily outfits pretty much 99% of the time). Then I felt like new boots (still looking for something to replace Uggs, that I will no longer be seen in outside of my flat) and some additional bracelets for my growing stacking collection (I recently sorted out my accessories wardrobe and found extra place for new purchases, how exciting). And yet as often is the case in Topshop, there are tens of combinations for that one specific thing you came in to buy. So while making my decisions, I decided to blog about all the items I tried on – all of which are so on My Fashion Wish List (but only some ended up in my wardrobe). In other words, here is my personal edit of Topshop collection. Enjoy.
- Mix And Match Check Shirt, £30
- Mid Stone Check Shirt, £36
- Casual Stud Collar Shirt, £38
- Chambray Pocket Check Shirt, £36
- Stud Collar Check Shirt, £34
- Blue Coated Leigh Jeans, £42
- Bone Supersoft Skinny Leigh Jeans, £38
- Supersoft Skinny Leigh Jeans, £38
- Tux Stud Leigh Jeans, £42
- Black Coated Leigh Jeans, £42
- Wild Thing Multi Pack, £14
- Skull Cross Bracelet Pack, £12.50
- Cross Plait Bracelet, £12.50
- Sparkle Bracelet Pack, £12.50
- Rhinestone and Spike Bracelet, £12.50
- Mixxy Glitter Chelsea Boots, £38
- Actor Buckle Cut Out Boots, £95
- Amalie Leopard Studded Boots, £95
- Darcy Stud Wrap Strap Wellies, £30
- Alcatraz Electric Heel Boots, £78
Fashion Inspiration Via Instagram
October 23, 2012 § Leave a comment
Oh the power of social networking! While the fashion community has been addicted to Twitter for a while thanks to abundance of news and opinions that are uploaded onto it in real time, a new comer that is Instagram is also being adopted for sharing of fashion inspiration. I am all for this photo-sharing app and use it daily – to upload anything from what I wear to where I am and what I eat. It’s fun, it encourages feedback and communication and it is really personal. So if you have not yet joined – do it now. And if you have, follow me @maria_myfashionwishlist and I promise to keep it interesting!
Autumn’s Perfect Splash Of Colour
October 3, 2012 § Leave a comment
What inspires your fashion choices? For me it is always about seeing outfits that have been well put together or just cool fashionable items worn by people – whether they are models walking down the catwalk or passersby walking down the street. Even though I only met the girl- Miss Daria Malyarova, whose awesome coat is featured in this post, once, when I stumbled upon these pictures on the Instagram I was inspired. And it wasn’t just about the super cool coat by DSquared that I immediately added to My (mental) Fashion Wish List, it was just as much about the way she wore it – with a brilliant smile, joyful attitude and bags of energy. Hence the inspired wisdom – whatever you are wearing, it is your mood and feelings that really make the look that bit extra special. So next time when you are trying on the outfit of the day, look at yourself in the mirror, smile and see it transform…
Enough of that, now back to the coat. Bright pink and orange colour blocking against classic cool of nude trench, this coat represents a great way to update essential pieces in your wardrobe making them hot and trendy. Sadly no matter how long I looked I was not able to find anywhere it was still in stock (if you do, give me a shout in the comments below). But to fulfill your interest, Farfetch.com, for example, was selling it for £707. To tell you the truth though, there are other options to get yourself a similar piece. If you are any good with your hands, get some colourful fabric and experiment with a classic trench yourself: it will turn out cheaper and give you a feeling of creative fulfillment!
Many thanks to Daria for letting me use these pictures.
September 25, 2012 § 6 Comments
That is it. I now think the summer is finally over. Thus I thought the time could not be more perfect to say goodbye to my favourite trend of the last season – pastels – with one last summer outfit, one going totally over the top with all the soft ice cream colours that I have been wearing past couple of months. And here it is, on one of the last warm days I put together super pastel explosion and took a photo for you to have a look. I am wearing baby pink cropped oversized tank from American Apparel, skinny mint Leigh trousers from Topshop and Converse trainers I designed myself using their online tool and blogged about the experience earlier this year here. Accessories-wise I am wearing pink and green Allumette necklace by Allumer (1), Dior ring (2), ASOS perspex bag I also mentioned a few months ago here (3), Beta silk scarf that is printed with symmetrical geometrical print in beautiful pastel colours (4, check out their entire collection here), Timex pastel watch as mentioned here (5) and ASOS gummy bracelets once again in combination of pastel colours (6).
The best thing, even though I am saying goodbye to this palette for the vivid colours of Autumn/Winter 2012, I am happy to store those garments for the next spring when thanks to a number of shows recently seen in New York and London, the palette is going to come back. So see you soon pastels!
My Top 10 Beauty Buys
September 7, 2012 § Leave a comment
I have never before touched on the subject of beauty on my blog, after all there are hundreds of amazing beauty bloggers whose tips would hold more authority than mine. But nevertheless the requests to mention my beauty buys never went away. Thus I have prepared my top 10 list of beauty products that I can’t live without – it is not 10 best products ever or 10 products you have to purchase, the list consists simply of a few bits and bobs I love and use on daily basis. Here you go…
- Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash, £18.40 for 197ml – exfoliating granules leaves my face feeling fresh and the invigorating smell totally wakes me up in the mornings!
- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant, £22 – super fast moisturising for SOS situations, perfect for chapped lips or healing cuts and scabs.
- Khiel’s Calendula Herbal Extract Toner, £34.50 for 250ml – I mean it this toner has flower petals floating inside the bottle, which on its own is enough to make it my favourite. Plus it does calm the skin down and reduce redness!
- L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream, £18.50 for 150ml – Always in my hand bag, I am a real sucker for shea butter. Also comes in different sizes so you can pick your ideal one depending on when you use it most!
- Bliss Lid and Lash Make Up Removal, £12.30 for 110ml – removes the most hard-core waterproof mascara and hardly leaves any residue. The 2 most important things for me covered!
- Philosophy Cinnamon Buns Shower Gel, £14 for 480ml – best smelling shower gel ever and if you are not a fan of cinnamon there is a whole range of deserts to choose from including my second favourite Vanilla Birthday Cake.
- Laura Mercier Creme Brulee Souffle Body Cream, £43.50 – the most amazing body cream, light as a feather yet amazingly moisturising and just smells heavenly! Not the cheapest on my list though, but a real treat for your body.
- Khiel’s Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque, £21.50 for 150ml – another one of my Khiel’s favourites, I use it religiously once a week for deep clean – pimple prevention that works for me.
- Sanctuary Salt Scrub, £11.25 for 650ml – London’s most famous spa created a use-at-home range and I can never get enough of this luxurious scrub that leaves your skin extra soft and glowing.
- Khiel’s Ultra Facial Moisturiser, £15.50 for 75ml – essential part of my daily beauty routine thanks to lightweight formula that does not leave your face greasy. Pea size amount is enough for a whole face so it lasts and lasts!
Nod Of Approval
August 1, 2012 § Leave a comment
(Discounted) Designer Holiday
June 12, 2012 § Leave a comment
Nowadays with rise of websites offering discounted holidays we are all on the look out for bargain price for luxury get away. And inspired by this trend and the fact that there are only 10 sleeps left until I leave London for 9 days of sun, sea and partying, I decided to compile 3 perfect holiday outfits that are all about bargain and luxury. And there is no better place to look for such combination than my favourite discounted designer website TheOutnet.com.
Below I put together a comfortable outfit for travel purposes which originally cost £1653 but is now yours for £734.15 giving you a 56% discount; hot beach or pool ensemble which was £1349 and is now available to purchase for £633.20 giving you a 53% discount; and a summery party outfit that will get you ready for tropical cocktails and holiday romance originally at £1305 but currently with The Outnet discount of 56% at £568.
I hope this post will leave you feeling ready for holiday and inspired to create your own fashionable outfits. Check out TheOutnet.com for thousands more discounted designer pieces.
- Twenty8Twelve by S.Miller T-Shirt, was £85 now £29.75
- Marni Leather Tote, was £480 now £240
- Linda Farrow Luxe Acetate Aviator Sunglasses, was £449 now £179.60
- Levi’s Made & Crafted Low-Rise Jeans, was £135 now £74.25
- Day Birger et Mikkelsen Cardigan, was £179 now £80.55
- NewbarK Flor Leather Shoes, was £325 now £130
- Melissa Odabash Aurora Maxi Dress, was £380 now £171
- Victoria Beckham Cat Eye Sunglasses, was £275 now £123.75
- Jets by Jessika Allen Coutryside Bikini Top, was £105 now £57.75
- Jets by Jessika Allen Coutryside Bikini Briefs, was £79 now £43.45
- Bernardo Moon Leather Flat Sandals, was £155 now £77.50
- Kenneth Jay Lane Tasseled Bead Necklace, was £150 now £67.50
- M Missoni Printed Canvas Tote, was £205 now £92.25
- Venessa Arizaga Flash Charm Bracelet, was £270 now £135
- Pour la Victoire Neala Suede Sandals, was £215 now £107.50
- Diane von Furstenberg Lauristel Ruffle Dress, was £450 now £157.50
- Nicole Fendel Belle Brass Drop Earrings, was £170 now £68
- Beirn Watersnake Crossbody Bag, was £200 now £100