May 9, 2012 § Leave a comment
Walking down the street in London one afternoon my attention was drawn to double-decker red bus that was covered in bright and colourful posters of beautifully shot swimwear campaign. On the closer look I was surprised that the brand advertised was not luxurious Tara Matthews or Melissa Odabash, it was H&M.
In the recent years, possibly changing to satisfy more picky economic depression influenced customer, H&M have been stepping up their game and the current campaign is another example of winner tactics that lures consumer into the stores. The range called Swimwear Sensation, is just that – sensational. Absolutely beautiful, luxuriously looking pieces are all available at the customary to H&M low prices making it easy to walk out of the store with a bikini set costing less than £20. One word of warning – from past experiences H&M swimsuits don’t usually last past one holiday, they simply loose shape, but then again at those prices you should not be expecting more, plus I’m all up for changing swimsuit collection after every holiday!
Here are my favourite picks: top 3 look great in a matching set, but bottom 3 look more exciting if mixed and matched and include an accessory or two. Visit online store to view the whole range and the associated inspirational videos and pictures.
1. White and Grey Geometric Print Bikini Top £12.99 and Bottoms £7.99
2. Marble Effect Bikini Top £12.99 and Bottoms £7.99
3. Golden Beige Bikini Top £9.99 and Bottoms £7.99
May 7, 2012 § Leave a comment
Maybe its just a logical continuation of a massive pastel trend or maybe it is an interesting micro trend on its own. Whatever the case, fashion developed quite a liking for ice cream recently! Mulberry S/S12 campaign set (seen above) was covered in ice cream while Louis Vuitton campaign featured models indulging in frozen sundaes. But ice cream being used as a prop is not the end of the obsession – ice cream prints, embellishments and even ice cream shaped jewellery can all be found both on high street and in designer boutiques. And the main two players in the game are Mulberry and Topshop, each providing us with a choice of ice cream themed items at various price points so you can get your hands on the yummy goodies whatever your budget. Below are my delicious picks from both brands.
- Topshop Crop Sweat, £24 – love the cropped length – exposed midriffs is a trend on its own!
- Mulberry Grey Marl Vest, £100 – so multifunctional, I’d wear it with jeans on the weekend and add to a work skirt and jacket combo for more casual look (for those who don’t have super smart work places of course).
- Topshop Printed Slit Back Shirt, £32 – possibly the cutest printed shirt of the season.
- Mulberry White Vest, £100 – white version of my beloved multifunctional vest.
- Mulberry Sunglasses and Ice Cream Necklace, £170 – barely visible but nevertheless there!
- Topshop Ice Cream Collar, £20 – silly statement necklace, perfect for adding eccentric feel to your look.
- Mulberry Pale Gold Metal Pin, £70 – it’s been a while since pins were at all fashionable but this one hits the nail on the head!
- Topshop Drop Earrings, £6.50 – perfect summer day accessory!