September 11, 2012 § Leave a comment
Three of the brightest young stars of Hollywood (Emma Watson, Kristen Stewart and Jennifer Lawrence) known for three of the biggest movie franchises (Harry Potter, Twilight Saga, Hunger Games) are currently promoting three new films in Toronto (The Perks of Being a Wallflower, On the Road and Silver Linings Playbook) each wearing one of three best outfits of the week (Erdem, Zuhair Murad and Dior Couture). In fact all three looked so good (special congratulations to Kristen Stewart for looking stunning on her first post-cheating-scandal appearance, the minimum she needed to achieve if she is to get R-Patz back) I had to share these looks with you so we all could be inspired for A/W12 season and learn a thing or two about what is hot right now.
- Floral patterns. Yes, florals for Autumn Winter season. Getting used to it should not be hard knowing how much we all desire to extend this summer feeling.
- Colour. Avoid black on black despite being the most functional colour combination for rainy season. At least give colourful accessories a go.
- Pointy heels. They are back. And yes, you can stick to black colour here. Best thing about pointy heels – they make your legs look extra long. Worst – if you have slightly wider feet than normal, like me, good luck trying to wear them for more than an hour at a time.
- Vivid lips. Whether it’s Cherry or Fuchsia, make your lips stand out. My recommendation for luscious colour – Mac or Bobby Brown.
- Shiny Brunette locks. Ok, this hot trend is totally made up. If you are blond, you are just as fashionable this season as last but since these three gorgeous ladies are sporting my hair colour I thought I might as well…
So this season add some colour to your Fashion Wish List whether it comes in a form of a floral frock or dramatic lips, wear classic shoes that you might have to take off in under 60 minutes and keep your eye on these three ladies, who are likely to continue inspiring our fashion choices for months to come.
November 23, 2011 § 1 Comment
As you probably noticed I do not usually comment on celebrity style, there are plenty of blogs that do that. But rules are there to be broken – hence here goes my styling analysis of the outfits three main actresses of the saga wore to the premiers. The reason why I believe it fits into my blog is that it is definitely on My Fashion Wishlist to dress up for a red carpet event, especially if I get to have the choice of gowns the lucky girls above get.
Kristen Stewart wore black lacy Roberto Cavalli and blue sequin J Mendel to London and New York Premiers and while the dresses looked absolutely fabulous and so did Kristen’s luminescent white skin, I have not seen anyone look that awkward in high heels on red carpet for a while. I understand the whole ‘lets-rebel-against-fame’ thing, but please Kristen learn how to walk in heels as it is very disrespectful to the designer (and your stylist who probably cries each night into her pillow) to put Nike sneakers on red carpets after sucking it up for 5 minutes only.
Nikki Reed opted for pale green Marchesa and neon Michael Kors. She looked too old for her age in the Marchesa but was stunning in futuristic cut out gown. Dressing for your age is vital – you are young and beautiful only once!
Ashley Green wore custom made Donna Karan gowns for both events. While asymmetric cut out gown made Ashley stand out, her second outfit was another disappointment – red full length dress made her look shapeless and added a few kilograms to petit Ashley due to asymmetric fabric folds.
There is one more film to go and hopefully after 4 practice runs the fashion on the premier of the final installment of the saga will tick all the right boxes. Chances are we won’t see Kristen in a dress before that anyway.