June 27, 2012 § Leave a comment
At the time this post is be published, thanks to scheduling function, I will most probably be lying on the beach sporting one of the swimsuits and bikinis I purchased for the holiday. And while shopping around, I could not help but notice a trend – despite swimsuits being back in fashion for several seasons replacing almost-there bikinis as the hottest thing to wear on the beach, this year swimsuits have seriously stepped it up. Now that designers have such a big piece of material to work with (well at least compared to naughtiest most popular bikinis) they have been seriously experimenting with everything from shape to colour to material. While browsing through net-a-porter selection it became apparent that there was not one swimsuit which was ordinary: belted, crocheted, inspired by wetsuits, cut out or made with surprising material – not one of them is what you expect. And that is indeed exciting. Below are my favourites – whether you seek out the exact ones or use them for inspiration for your own beachwear choices, this summer there is only one thing to remember – there is no space for ordinary on the beach!
1. Babajaan Lari Ocean Zigzag Teared Swimsuit, £245
2. Missoni Havra Crotchet-Knit Swimsuit, £410
3. Zimmermann Floral Swimsuit with Buckle Belt, £250
7. Melissa Odabash Nico Zebra Print Swimsuit, £225
8. Norma Kamali Foil Metallic Cutout Swimsuit, £310
9. Clube Bossa Couture One Shoulder Lame Swimsuit, £730
March 14, 2012 § 5 Comments
You know what will look epic with high top wedge gangsta trainers about which I recently blogged (have a look here)? Extra-large gold chain necklace that is definitely inspired by 90’s rap stars. On a more serious note – this type of bling is my favourite fashion accessory of the moment: it can add instant glamour to any outfit. And when I say any I mean it – it looks just as good with white starched shirt on the way to work, LBD for cocktail hour and even with T-shirt and denim shorts combo a la Lana del Rey (proof below – she looks fab). And the good thing – big designers and more affordable brands both picked up the trend so you have a great range of gold gorgeousness to choose from. Here is my selection:
- Lanvin Swarovski and Cord Necklace, £730 available on farfetch.com
- Vintage Givenchy Gold Plated Necklace, £315 available on asos.com
- Yves Saint Laurent Gold Plated Stingray-Effect Necklace, £920 available at net-a-porter.com
- ID Plaque Necklace, £12 available at asos.com
- Mimco Imperial Bow Chain Necklace, £89 available at House of Fraser
- Michael Kors Logo Necklace, £49 available at nordstrom.com
December 18, 2011 § Leave a comment
This season it is easy to slip into wearing black and not emerge out of such dress mode until spring. So here are three beautiful coats that will make you forget black and opt for a lighter hue this winter!
1. Michael Kors Faux Fur-Collar Satin-Twill Coat, £350. Cozy and stylish this coat is great if you are looking for a classier version of your usual parka! I am in love with 3/4 length sleeves of this coat and how beautiful the faux fur looks. Another good example that no animals need to be harmed to create warm and beautiful winter ware.
2. Missoni May Wool-Blend Tweed Coat, £3315. This beauty would break the bank but if you want a perfectly tailored coat you won’t find a cooler item in stores right now. Wear it during the day with cozy cardigan or at night with wintery dress. So pretty I can’t look away.
3. Rag and Bone Magnum Leather and Canvas Hooded Coat, £1655. This screams city chic and begs for skinny jeans and flat boots. And with a very practical hood it will keep your head warm in the wintery wind. But the most exciting part is a combination of leather and canvas. That is probably as exciting as a coat can get.
You can purchase all three coats from http://www.net-a-porter.com.
October 31, 2011 § Leave a comment
The Outnet is in my opinion the king of all fashion outlets. And the reason is its creators – same team that brought the world http://www.net-a-porter.com. Apart from daily updates to the range, website hosts a series of fun online event like Pop Up sales, Going Going Gone auction sales and Give Aways.
My top 3 items have to be from the shoe range. There are so many great designers available but those particular items stole the show (especially after seeing how big the discount is). Here they are:
1. Alaia Leather Trimmed Python Platform Sandals at an astonishing 70% discount – £374. A definite statement pair of shoes. Hurry before they sell out, which will be fast fast fast!
2. Michael Kors Fringed Suede Boots at £193 instead of £553. A perfect way to add bohemian twist to your look.
3. Herve Leger Olechka Leather Ankle boots. The extent of their fabulousness is indescribable. (Hence the usage of a nonexistent word ‘fabulousness’). £260 which a is 60% sale. Want.them.now.
Go to http://www.outnet.com and indulge your inner shopaholic.
August 23, 2011 § Leave a comment
Michael Kors, Stella McCartney and YSL are just a few brands that featured oversized knits in their Autumn/Winter 11 collections. But if we want to go for a cheaper option, this jumper by French Connection is THE go to item! Currently at reduced price of £39 and all the sizes available online, it is absolutely irresistible and a must addition to the wardrobe.
It has a perfect length – could be worn with jeans as a jumper and as a knitted dress with thick tights for a more wintery feel. It is those kind of clothes that make me excited about fast approaching autumn!