My Fashion Wishlist from NY Fashion Week Spring/Summer 12
September 29, 2011 § Leave a comment
NY fashion week is over, hence its time to go though catwalk shows selecting designers whose items just have to go on My Fashion Wishlist. And of course being a shopaholic I have to limit myself – so only 5 will make the cut.
1. Jason Wu. Because I can see myself wearing each one of the pieces from his ready-to-wear line. Black, blue, lime, coral pink, white, that mixture screams spring but in a very sophisticated way. And the full skirt floor-length gowns that emerged towards the end of the show – I can wear them to my own wedding. Yes, they are that special.
2. Thakoon. Because it was exciting. The shows was full of magnificent colours, patterns and ornaments. And to top it off models were wearing cowboy hats. As you do. A.W.E.S.O.M.E.
3. Carolina Herrera. For staying true to the Lady-like Elegance but making it fresh. Plus The Green Birds pattern looked wonderful – other designers featured bird patterns but for me it is a clear winner.
4. Prabal Gurung. For magical royal purple digital prints that I could not take my eyes of. And cut out dresses that I love for being extremely naughty without going too far.
5. Oscar de la Renta. Because it was all over the place. From day wear to evening gowns, from modern to medieval and from full parachute skirts to skinny leg trousers. And just because of that each design was unexpected, special and made me hold my breath!