November 7, 2012 § Leave a comment
As I descended the escalator leading to the underground kingdom of Topshop at Oxford Circus, I knew that just as usual, I would not leave its hustle and bustle without a few purchases (at least). While wandering around hundreds of meters of clothing, jewellery and shoe racks I caught myself concentrating on very specific groups of items. It’s just one of those days when you approach shopping with a clear vision of an outfit in your head. I wanted a shirt, preferably checkered and definitely oversized. I needed to replenish my colour variation of my favourite Leigh Jeans (I have about 10 different variations of those super-skinny soft denim trousers that feature in my daily outfits pretty much 99% of the time). Then I felt like new boots (still looking for something to replace Uggs, that I will no longer be seen in outside of my flat) and some additional bracelets for my growing stacking collection (I recently sorted out my accessories wardrobe and found extra place for new purchases, how exciting). And yet as often is the case in Topshop, there are tens of combinations for that one specific thing you came in to buy. So while making my decisions, I decided to blog about all the items I tried on – all of which are so on My Fashion Wish List (but only some ended up in my wardrobe). In other words, here is my personal edit of Topshop collection. Enjoy.
- Mix And Match Check Shirt, £30
- Mid Stone Check Shirt, £36
- Casual Stud Collar Shirt, £38
- Chambray Pocket Check Shirt, £36
- Stud Collar Check Shirt, £34
- Blue Coated Leigh Jeans, £42
- Bone Supersoft Skinny Leigh Jeans, £38
- Supersoft Skinny Leigh Jeans, £38
- Tux Stud Leigh Jeans, £42
- Black Coated Leigh Jeans, £42
- Wild Thing Multi Pack, £14
- Skull Cross Bracelet Pack, £12.50
- Cross Plait Bracelet, £12.50
- Sparkle Bracelet Pack, £12.50
- Rhinestone and Spike Bracelet, £12.50
- Mixxy Glitter Chelsea Boots, £38
- Actor Buckle Cut Out Boots, £95
- Amalie Leopard Studded Boots, £95
- Darcy Stud Wrap Strap Wellies, £30
- Alcatraz Electric Heel Boots, £78
September 7, 2012 § Leave a comment
I have never before touched on the subject of beauty on my blog, after all there are hundreds of amazing beauty bloggers whose tips would hold more authority than mine. But nevertheless the requests to mention my beauty buys never went away. Thus I have prepared my top 10 list of beauty products that I can’t live without – it is not 10 best products ever or 10 products you have to purchase, the list consists simply of a few bits and bobs I love and use on daily basis. Here you go…
- Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash, £18.40 for 197ml – exfoliating granules leaves my face feeling fresh and the invigorating smell totally wakes me up in the mornings!
- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant, £22 – super fast moisturising for SOS situations, perfect for chapped lips or healing cuts and scabs.
- Khiel’s Calendula Herbal Extract Toner, £34.50 for 250ml – I mean it this toner has flower petals floating inside the bottle, which on its own is enough to make it my favourite. Plus it does calm the skin down and reduce redness!
- L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream, £18.50 for 150ml – Always in my hand bag, I am a real sucker for shea butter. Also comes in different sizes so you can pick your ideal one depending on when you use it most!
- Bliss Lid and Lash Make Up Removal, £12.30 for 110ml – removes the most hard-core waterproof mascara and hardly leaves any residue. The 2 most important things for me covered!
- Philosophy Cinnamon Buns Shower Gel, £14 for 480ml – best smelling shower gel ever and if you are not a fan of cinnamon there is a whole range of deserts to choose from including my second favourite Vanilla Birthday Cake.
- Laura Mercier Creme Brulee Souffle Body Cream, £43.50 – the most amazing body cream, light as a feather yet amazingly moisturising and just smells heavenly! Not the cheapest on my list though, but a real treat for your body.
- Khiel’s Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque, £21.50 for 150ml – another one of my Khiel’s favourites, I use it religiously once a week for deep clean – pimple prevention that works for me.
- Sanctuary Salt Scrub, £11.25 for 650ml – London’s most famous spa created a use-at-home range and I can never get enough of this luxurious scrub that leaves your skin extra soft and glowing.
- Khiel’s Ultra Facial Moisturiser, £15.50 for 75ml – essential part of my daily beauty routine thanks to lightweight formula that does not leave your face greasy. Pea size amount is enough for a whole face so it lasts and lasts!
August 6, 2012 § Leave a comment
My Fashion Wish List turned one today and I feel like a proud mother! I never thought I would love blogging as much as I do now – I love sharing my fashion finds and getting great feedback from friends and loyal readers! Thank you all for making it such a special year – for reading, following and spreading the word about my little creation. I hope there is much more in store for this blog and it will continue to improve and gain readers.
Lots of love,
P.S. I bet these flower cupcakes caught your attention! I have been adoring the work of this artistic-baker for a while and thought I would share it with you! Check out the rest of her baking creations on www.katiecakeslondon.co.uk.
July 26, 2012 § Leave a comment
Two days ago on a lovely summer evening Karl Lagerfeld himself descended on London to launch his brand new Olympics inspired collection in Selfridges. Is Karl a massive sports fan then, you must wander? Apparently not. The legendary designers in the interview admitted to be inspired by the idea of Games, but is unlikely to tune in to watch the events himself blaming it on the unhuman look of the Olympians. Whether you agree or not (I definitely don’t, not only because my parents were both in professional sport but because we should never disrespect the amount of effort and commitment that goes into preparing for the Games) the main point of this blog post is not to discuss Olympics but the Games-inspired capsule collection.
So as I got to third floor of Selfridges the sight of shiny black installation that holds Karl’s designs caught my eye immediately. To enter the world of Karl I had to walk through a massive arch in the shape of Karl’s head – all in all let’s just say it is a very high impact space. But I am sure what you are interested in the most in are the pieces inside. Let’s start with my favourites, collars: gold, silver, bronze as well as lacy creations await you, no wonder they are back, being the fastest selling items of Karl’s SS12 collection on net-a-porter.com. With most of the clothing items the relation to Olympics is apparent – T shirts printed with gold medals (£95) and white biker jackets covered in droplets of gold (£345). But then there appear to be a few military-like pieces in camouflage print. To tell you the truth I can’t see the connection to Olympics but who am I to question THE Karl Lagerfeld. My most favourite item though – temporary tattoos depicting Olympic gold medal – love the attention to detail! The choice for a capsule collection is great – about 20 different items, and I was told more pieces are to arrive throughout the Games. So my advise, go see it all by yourself and enjoy the world of Karl.
In the meantime, if you are looking for S/S12 collection, there is plenty of choice online at newly launched www.karl.com store that ships to UK.
July 24, 2012 § Leave a comment
Whenever I was asked about the essentials on my list of stateside shopping, the first thing that always popped into my head was Victoria’s Secret – beautiful, affordable and worn by the sexiest models of the world, I doubt any lingerie lovers could resist stopping by their stores for a pink bag full of goodies.
For the brand it was an easy move – we don’t just know it, but love it and have been asking when we can get our own piece of female heaven on this side of the pond for a while. That is why we were given not one but two flagship stores: the one that opened today is in Westfield Stratford (just by the Olympic park, hence the rush to cash in on thousands of tourists that would be in the area) and we are expecting the New Bond Street store to open its door later in August.
My only slight concern – prices. In US those are similar to our high street favourite La Senza, but it would be surprising if the brand did not take an opportunity to raise the bar in UK and enter the market at higher price point. The signs are there – flagship store location is in New Bond Street alongside boutiques like Mulberry, Jimmy Choo, Hermes and Burberry and not in any high street location. So ladies, there is a price to pay (literally) for having Vicky’s over here in London.
Despite all that I am brimming with excitement, especially for the New Bond Street store, which is so much closer to where I live (and probably less busy now that Olympics are about to kick off). Comment below if you already visited the newly opened shop and share your experiences!
July 11, 2012 § 1 Comment
I have been a fan of Jimmy Choo candy clutch for a while and especially this season when it got a photographic print update. And now that I am back from holiday and longing for reminders of sun, sea and all things wonderful, nothing can suit my mood better than those Jimmy Choo clutches. When it is grey and miserable outside – for those who are not used to London weather, grey and miserable is the most suitable way of describing any season and especially this year’s ‘summer’ of ours – the only thing that keeps my spirits high is staring at my cover photo on Facebook where me and my girlfriends are posing for a picture on the beach with sunrise at the background after our last night out of the holiday. All thanks to Jimmy Choo I don’t have to have holiday snaps withdrawal even when I am away from my laptop, all I need is to look down at the clutch to remind myself that somewhere in the world people are enjoying real summer.
But there is yet another reason why this post is currently appropriate. These clutches are still available at reduced prices at Harvey Nichols – thanks to summer sale the price has been cut from £495 to £300! So get yourself down to HN and purchase these desirable pieces of summer!
April 23, 2012 § Leave a comment
I love the idea of sample sales but 90% of times I attend, I leave disappointed – the availability and state of the items are unsatisfactory even for samples. But one sample sale that I really enjoyed was Rupert Sanderson, where I bagged myself 2 pairs of animal print shoes seen on the picture above. And now that I have received an invitation to another one of their sales, I could not keep it to myself – this is a must event if you are in London and love the brand! To gain access print the picture below – from my experience you might not need it, but to be on the safer side do! See you all there!
P.S. Organisers refer to it as first REAL sample sale. Indeed it is the first event of this kind the team at Rupert Sanderson are organising themselves, and hopefully it will be just as great if not better!
March 23, 2012 § Leave a comment
My Fashion Wish List has once again been mentioned in Independent Fashion Blogger top 20 weekly round up! Here are the rest of the entries to check out as your weekend read! Enjoy the next few days: London weather is too good to be true at the moment and I just can’t get enough of sunshine (soaking up the rays as I post this).
Lots of love,
- My Fashion Wishlist: Believe It Or Not: Trendy Backpacks
- Just Pandippo: Spring Closet Cleaning Challenges
- The Sequined Blazer: What to Wear: Transitioning to Spring
- Real Girl Glam: How to Wear a BOLD Lip (Even if you’re not a lipstick person)
- Fashion Tales: DIY: Camouflage Jeans
- Show Me Chic: Summer Dress in Spring!
- Thankfifi: Princess Peplum (and florals!)
- The Forgetful Wife: Mad Men, Mad Week: Betty, Peggy, & Joan 2012
- Leilah’s Lipstick: One LBD, 6 Different Ways
- Sequined Sprinkles: 3 Favorite Things: Chambray Shirt, White Jeans, & Loafers
- Gypsy Luster: Rock the Red (Lipstick) for Women’s History Month
- A Lacey Perspective: Date Night: Black Leather Shorts & Floral Blazer
- Sweet Escape: Trend: Asymmetrical Hi-Low Skirt
- Simply Frabulous: It’s Spring, Time to Blossom
- Aspiring New Moms: Navy & Neon
- Effortless Cool: A Lesson in Pastels
- The Fashion Firecracker: Colorblocking in the Sun
- Tobruck Ave: Print Mixing on the Beach
- Notes from a Stylist: How to Spring Clean Your Closet
- Incognito: Classic Books Become Couture Clutches