My Fashion Wish List Is Ready For Spring
February 23, 2012 § Leave a comment
I had a great day today. Here in London the weather was just perfect – sunny and warm it definitely felt like spring has arrived. And who is not looking forward to spring? With a wardrobe full of new season hot items and a wish list that would fill another one of those (wardrobes, that is) I have been waiting on the start line for weeks now and it is all about to kick off. Oh and there was another thing that made my day – my post on Lana Del Rey being picked for top 20 posts of the week on IFB. Exciting stuff! Here are the links to all the high quality blog posts that made the cut for your weekend reading, enjoy!
The IFB Weekly Roundup: Links A La Mode
- Anthony Carmen: #NYFW – Menswear Trends We Need in AW12
- Do You Speak Gossip: How To: A Matte Manicure With Shiny Tips
- Endear: Overheard at New York Fashion Week
- Lady Of Fashion: DIY Boot Strapping
- Lure Of The Dark Side: Adele
- My Fashion Wishlist: New Fashion Sweetheart – Lana Del Rey
- My Haute Habit: Floral Fancies
- Paper + Cloth: An Ode To The Little Black Dress
- Pattern Rebellion: Feed Your Jewelry Addition With Melody’s Pieces
- Sequined Sprinkles: Friday Favorites: Black & White Edition
- Sidewalk Chic: Reality vs. Creativity in Fashion Blogging
- Simply Frabulous: The Mystery Has Been Revealed: Marni For H&M, The Looks
- SoCal Sophisticate: Trend-y Tuesday – She’s a Lady
- Style Delights: Trend To Try – Neon Bags (And How To Wear Them)
- Sucker For Sequins: Sequins + Stripes
- Sugar and Chiffon: Red Pencil Skirt + Leopard Belt, 3 Ways
- Sugar and Spice: How To Wear The Print Trend For SS12
- The Classic Woman: Style & Grace – Jackie Kennedy
- The Love Hanger: DIY Peplum Top
- Woodstock Wardrobe: Fashion Week AW12 – Retro Silhouettes in a Modern Context
The photo which just made me feel like spring is courtesy of Tom Byfield.
February 5, 2012 § Leave a comment
To promote my brand new Facebook page I am hosing a give away of beautiful silver and gold earrings by Daisy Jewellery worth £60! All you have to do is like My Fashion Wish List Facebook page by following the link below and then writing a post on its wall telling me what items are currently on your fashion wish list. It is that simple! But it is not just the earrings you can win: you can also be featured here on the blog! Spread the word and good luck to all!
Click here to be redirected to My Fashion Wish List Facebook page.
February 1, 2012 § Leave a comment
Whenever I find a pair of jeans that fits me perfectly, I can not resist purchasing it in different colours as finding the right pair is always such a pain – a process which should be avoided at all costs! Yet most of the time my choice is limited to black, dark blue, light blue and possibly grey if I’m extremely lucky. But the recent trends have taken denim to all new colour levels: yellow, pink and red jeans are turning into staples. That’s where Joe’s Jeans come in: imagine having your favourite pair of jeans in 55 colours? And for the summer your perfect pair of denim shorts in 55 shades? How has no one though of building the brand specifically based on colour choice of denim before, is my question! Get your perfect pair of jeans for $158 and short for $128 online or got to 4th Floor in Harrods to see them for yourself.
See the whole range and all those 55 shades here.
Good News for My Fashion Wish List
January 5, 2012 § 3 Comments
My Fashion Wish List has been named blog of the month by my beloved style blog The Style Mogul. And a prize – a lengthy piece on My Fashion Wish List and me on The Style Mogul’s blog. Thank you very much The Style Mogul! Read the piece here.
And another thing – post on Classic Sale Buys You Won’t Regret made it into top 20 posts of the week of Independent Fashion Bloggers community. That is second time for My Fashion Wish List in three weeks – exciting! Here is the complete list:
THE IFB WEEKLY ROUNDUP: LINKS À LA MODE: JANUARY 5TH
- Blonde Vivant: Spring 2012’s Brights
- Coming Unstitched: Man’s Word on Spring Trends
- Dress with Courage: 2012 Style Goals
- elodiebubble: The Fearless Shoes of 2012
- Endear: Closet Clean-out
- Fashion Hacker: 2012 Style Resolutions
- Girl Next Door Fashion: Get Inspired with Your Wardrobe
- Gracefuls: Rose Gold Eye Makeup Tutorial
- House of Modern Vintage: Vintage Nightgowns
- Inexpensive Chic: Wearing Your Denim Jacket in Winter
- My Fashion Wish List: Classic Buys You Won’t Regret
- Over 50 Feeling 40: Journalism 101 for Fashion Bloggers
- Simply Frabulous: 10 Unforgettable Pieces of Fashion News from 2011
- Style Abuse: Bring on Print-Blocking
- Style Delights: Caring for Cashmere
- Styledelica: New Year, New Fashion Goals
- Sugar & Chiffon: Peter Pan Collar Trend
- Sugar and Spice: Shopping the Sales Now
- The Average Girl’s Guide: Closet Clean up for 2012
- WIT & Whimsy: A Touch of Ralph Lauren Rugby
SPONSOR: Necklaces at Shopbop: Chan Luu, Iosselliani, KJL, Vita NY, Noir, Dara Ettinger, Shashi, Phillip Lim, GinetteNY, Vanessa Mooney, Adia Kibur, CC Skye & Dannijo
December 25, 2011 § Leave a comment
Merry Christmas to you all! Let this holiday remind you of the importance of family, fun and laughter. Have a great day and amazing last week of 2011!
I would like to take this opportunity to mention that My Fashion Wish List has been having amazing four months and it is all thanks to you, dear readers! Last week my post on rolled up jeans has been features in top 20 fashion blog post of the week on Independent Fashion Bloggers website and I am so proud! Here is the IFB weekly round up, you might like to see other posts in top 20 by great bloggers in the community!
THE IFB WEEKLY ROUNDUP: LINKS À LA MODE: DECEMBER 22ND
- 40 Plus Style: Why You Need to Get Yourself a Drape Dress
- Consider Me Lovely: Soft + Hard
- El Fashionista: 2012 Shoe Calendar
- Girl Loves Color: Baby, It’s Cold Outside
- Haute Cocktail: Wicce the Turkish Wizard
- Homes & Heels: This Weekend
- Incognito: Tomboy with an Elvis’ Hairstyle
- Le’Love: Going the Distance
- My Fashion Wishlist: Forget Skinnies, Everyone’s Rolling Up
- Over 50 Feeling 40: Age Discrimination- Overcoming
- Pippa Holiday: Dear Santa
- Pretty Quirky Pants: DIY Braided Wrap Bracelet
- Simply Frabulous: Christmas Fashion and Food
- Style Delights: Fashion Victim, Trend Slave
- Style Sizzle: Holiday Sparkle
- Stylish Thought: Speak Your Mind
- The Fashion Edition: The GoodHood Store
- The Love Hanger: Rose Gold
- Tickle Me Chic: Eco-Friendly Dyed Denim
- What 2 Wear Where: Gifts That Give
And here are a few links from the sponsor that allows IFB community to function: New Bags at Shopbop: Cleobella, Marc Jacobs Bags, BE & D, Cambridge Satchels, Wang Backpacks, Anya Hindmarch Bags, Mara Hoffman Bags, Botkier, Romygold, KORS, LeSportsac, Weekend & Beach Bags
Also My Fashion Wish List recently won a blogging competition with Style Mogul – her blog post on me and my blog is going up soon!
Once again happy holidays!
Maria of My Fashion Wish List
Vogue’s Online Fashion Week
December 6, 2011 § Leave a comment
The grey December week has suddenly become super exciting! All thanks to Vogue Online Fashion Week.
A blog based fashion even lasting a week provides us with discounts from major retailers as well as free gifts, competitions, interesting blog posts by designers and celebrities many of which include Christmas Wishlists and much more. There is literally no better place to start your Christmas shopping! But by far the best thing is the cause behind the project – every time you shop at the participating stores money is donated to charity of your choice. Most fantastic fashion+charity idea for a while? I think so!
For example today you could get discounts on Jigsaw, Prada Jewellery and Jaeger; win limited edition of Mulberry bag, Kurt Geiger shopping spree or a chance to be the first to shop Marni for H&M; get a free Elle Macpherson candle when purchasing products from Intimates range on harrods.com; get advice from Alice Temperley and Ted Baker…
All you have to do is go to http://www.vogue.co.uk to see what experience you can build yourself with this exciting project. Come back and share!
November 28, 2011 § Leave a comment
TaDa! I have a new jewellery obsession and this time it is from US. nOIr is an American jewellery label which caught my eye with its beautiful rings. My favourite is an elaborate design of Gotham City ($225) pictured above. But I also can not take my eyes of Russian Dolls and multicoloured crystal rings featuring various animals($50 – $300). See the whole range on the nOIr website (www.noirjewelry.com).
Highest quality and fun designs – what more can we want? That is why it is a shame there is very limited availability of nOIr in UK. I managed to find beautiful gold bangles on http://www.spoiledbrat.com. They are engraved with a choice of “I AM SUPERGIRL” or “THE ORIGINAL” and are currently sold with a 70% discount making them just £24 instead of £80! Let me know if you come across any other pieces!
Twillight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 Premier Fashion
November 23, 2011 § 1 Comment
First of all let me just say – I am a big Twilight Saga fan. But when it comes to fashion choices of the actors – I am slightly more critical.
As you probably noticed I do not usually comment on celebrity style, there are plenty of blogs that do that. But rules are there to be broken – hence here goes my styling analysis of the outfits three main actresses of the saga wore to the premiers. The reason why I believe it fits into my blog is that it is definitely on My Fashion Wishlist to dress up for a red carpet event, especially if I get to have the choice of gowns the lucky girls above get.
Kristen Stewart wore black lacy Roberto Cavalli and blue sequin J Mendel to London and New York Premiers and while the dresses looked absolutely fabulous and so did Kristen’s luminescent white skin, I have not seen anyone look that awkward in high heels on red carpet for a while. I understand the whole ‘lets-rebel-against-fame’ thing, but please Kristen learn how to walk in heels as it is very disrespectful to the designer (and your stylist who probably cries each night into her pillow) to put Nike sneakers on red carpets after sucking it up for 5 minutes only.
Nikki Reed opted for pale green Marchesa and neon Michael Kors. She looked too old for her age in the Marchesa but was stunning in futuristic cut out gown. Dressing for your age is vital – you are young and beautiful only once!
Ashley Green wore custom made Donna Karan gowns for both events. While asymmetric cut out gown made Ashley stand out, her second outfit was another disappointment – red full length dress made her look shapeless and added a few kilograms to petit Ashley due to asymmetric fabric folds.
There is one more film to go and hopefully after 4 practice runs the fashion on the premier of the final installment of the saga will tick all the right boxes. Chances are we won’t see Kristen in a dress before that anyway.
Green-up your interior
October 6, 2011 § Leave a comment
I always find it hard to find decorative items for my flat that won’t make me sick after a few weeks. When you are around objects all day everyday they need to ‘fit’. Plus if you are young and live in the city, chances are you do not have much space for expressing your identity.
So here is a perfect cardboard moose. First of all you can dress it up any way you like (and store some of your accessories on it when you are out of space). Hence you won’t get bored of it. Secondly it is not just any moose, it is cardboard, which is different and cool. And cool is pretty much the main statement we want to make about ourselves to our guests. And third its ‘green’ (well recycled) so you can feel good about your purchase.
And yes, even though elements of decor are usually not a part of my blog, I just can not help myself but put some really worthy items in. Available from http://www.fashion-conscience.com for £29.
My Fashion Wishlist from NY Fashion Week Spring/Summer 12
September 29, 2011 § Leave a comment
NY fashion week is over, hence its time to go though catwalk shows selecting designers whose items just have to go on My Fashion Wishlist. And of course being a shopaholic I have to limit myself – so only 5 will make the cut.
1. Jason Wu. Because I can see myself wearing each one of the pieces from his ready-to-wear line. Black, blue, lime, coral pink, white, that mixture screams spring but in a very sophisticated way. And the full skirt floor-length gowns that emerged towards the end of the show – I can wear them to my own wedding. Yes, they are that special.
2. Thakoon. Because it was exciting. The shows was full of magnificent colours, patterns and ornaments. And to top it off models were wearing cowboy hats. As you do. A.W.E.S.O.M.E.
3. Carolina Herrera. For staying true to the Lady-like Elegance but making it fresh. Plus The Green Birds pattern looked wonderful – other designers featured bird patterns but for me it is a clear winner.
4. Prabal Gurung. For magical royal purple digital prints that I could not take my eyes of. And cut out dresses that I love for being extremely naughty without going too far.
5. Oscar de la Renta. Because it was all over the place. From day wear to evening gowns, from modern to medieval and from full parachute skirts to skinny leg trousers. And just because of that each design was unexpected, special and made me hold my breath!