May 2, 2012 § Leave a comment
Twitter is great. Especially when it connects you to things you are interested it. Just yesterday I came across Regal Rose jewellery on twitter and I could not wait to share it with you. I am not their first fashion fan – indeed their jewellery has been featured in various fashion magazines over the years including InStyle, Cosmopolitan, More, Now, Ok and The Observer. There is an obvious reason why – it is hot trendy and super fashionable without the hefty price tag! And its all thanks to wonderfully creative twin sisters – Rebecca and Louisa Warwick who set up the brand in 2008 and follow all the trends that inspire their great collection! Below are my favourite pieces from the website, but there is so much more for you to discover! Just visit regalrose.co.uk!
- Molly Large Acrylics Collar – probably the most important accessory of past year, £29
- Alexa Chunky Gold Chain – the affordable version of hot accessory I previously blogged about here, £16
- The Punk Collar – the black version, absolutely a must have, £17
- Mento Green Crystal Ring – the cocktail ring, totally trending as blogged about here, £22
- Lana fine Silver Chain Ring – possibly named after Lana Del Rey as she is a fan of double rings, £24
- Kesi Agate Stone Cuff – statement piece that adds the needed fashion factor to any outfit, £14
- Siew Fluorescent Yellow Earrings – bright colours are totally this season, so add some as your ear pieces, £23
- Keira Full Spiked Ear Cuff – the rock chic accessory, £14
March 17, 2012 § 18 Comments
Backpacks. They have been off the fashion radar for a while but due to their functionality have remained an essential item for many despite lack of trendiness. Indeed if you have a lot on your shoulders (pardon the pun) backpacks allow you to spread the weight – hence they are perfect for things like hiking (I am not going to expand on the topic, hiking/camping and other outside activities have never been my thing). And despite some people’s aversion towards this type of bag, even a few celebrities known for their style choices have been spotted with backpacks repeatedly. For example Rihanna who changes hair colour every other week (I’m not judging, I wish I could pull off just as many shades) has surprisingly remained true to backpacks as you could see on the pictures below.
But we all know – fashion trends rarely engage themselves with notions of utility. This season though is an exception. Backpacks suddenly became the hottest way to carry your essentials and have been spotted on catwalks of major designers ever since Spring Summer 12 shows. And fashion’s sudden love of backpacks might be slowly making my heart melt towards them- and to prove it I found a selection of backpacks I would not mind having. To tell you the truth even though I do consider some designer backpacks quite cool (I am not completely turned) I would not pay for its hefty price tag even if money was not an option (The Row, £2635 for example) because at the end of the day – it is still a backpack (all horrible images of what camping must be like flood my head).
Nevertheless here is the selection of backpacks for any budget – and if I like them, chances are you would absolutely love one or two!
- Asos Leather & Print Backpack, £70
- Paul Smith Floral Printed Backpack, £280
- Diane Von Furstenberg Printed Canvas and Leather Backpack, £225
- Asos Ice Cream Backpack, £35
- Topshop Frost Plastic Backpack, £25
- Essl Austrian Backpack, £58 at farfetch.com
- Topshop Unique Leather Rucksack, £180
- Barbour Caramel Canvas Beacon Backpack, £159
- The Row Leather Backpack, £2635
- Zara Vintage Backpack, £119
- River Island Navy Pocket Rucksack, £28
- Fleet Ilya Linked Strap Rucksack, £1019 at farfetch.com
March 16, 2012 § Leave a comment
I am sure if I told someone this necklace was by Tom Binns or Erickson Beamon (my two favourite jewellery designers at the moment) no one would bat an eye lid. Indeed this necklace can easily pass for £500-900 piece of jewellery, but the truth is it’s only £69.99! It is Mango Touch Beetle Necklace, an online exclusive which unlike most other items in the category does feel special (most of the time ‘online exclusives’ aren’t great – they are given the label due to shortage of stock).
Statement necklaces like this are considered great fashion investments – you would wear them all the time since they go with almost anything. This one is no exception: it is bold yet feminine so would suit different clothing styles plus its colour palette opens up many coordination possibilities. Altogether probably the best £69.99 you would ever spend on a piece of jewellery!